• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halloween Fancy Dress Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Go as the most freighting character possible.

Hire a pin striped suit and go as a tax inspector.
    I took my youngest to his "karate halloween party" last Saturday. dressing up was optional for parents, one guy was going around with a smart suit and a badge with "HM Revenue" on it. HE thought it was absolutely hilarious, nobody else did, wasn't you was it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
      I took my youngest to his "karate halloween party" last Saturday. dressing up was optional for parents, one guy was going around with a smart suit and a badge with "HM Revenue" on it. HE thought it was absolutely hilarious, nobody else did, wasn't you was it ?
      Reminds me of the guy who prints out lots of legal documents and pins them to his suit...

When asked he is a ‘Law suit’ .....
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I remeber seeing this guy in a pub. All his mates were dressed up and he had a few shoe boxes hung around his neck with a bit of material down the middle. he said he had come as the stairs
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          The missus has just told me that the Halloween party we've been invited to on Saturday night is fancy dress. She swears she told me ages ago and I "forgot". Naturally I don't have any recollection of her telling me but it's too late to cancel.

Any ideas what I can rustle up as a quick horror themed fancy dress outfit for Saturday night?
          Go as a Zombie. You just need to shred up some of your old clothes, get some make up and spike your hair up in a strange manner, easy and cheap.

Comment

Don a comedy beard and strap loads of fake dynamite to yourself under your coat and silently in the middle of the room, undo your coat and shout "Allah Akbar!" at the top of your voice.

Guaranteed screaming - you'll be the most scariest.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Don a comedy beard and strap loads of fake dynamite to yourself under your coat and silently in the middle of the room, undo your coat and shout "Allah Akbar!" at the top of your voice.

Guaranteed screaming - you'll be the most scariest.

Great, I love it. Should carry a health warning though "don't travel by tube to party unless you want to be shot 35 times in the head"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post

Great, I love it. Should carry a health warning though "don't travel by tube to party unless you want to be shot 35 times in the head"
                Yep, keep the costume in a holdall and change outside the party... that could be a life-limiting costume on public transport!

Comment

Surly having a large holdall is a life-limiting costume on the tube!
                  "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Go in your best pinstripe suit, wear a red tie and stuff your pockets with expenses receipts. When asked - say you're a Labour Cabinet Member.
                    Cabinet Meeting. (SFW)
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      Excellent link, thanks for that (c;

Comment

Working...
                      X