• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who cant you stand on tv/film/music/celeb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Tom Hanks

Haven't watched any of his films since the 80s. TBH, I can't rememeber what the reason was but sometimes you've got to stick to your principles.
    That one's easy. I think it was Barry Norman who pointed out that his role in Forrest Gump proved the maxim that you don't lose money by underestimating the intelligence of a film audience.

Another one - Bob Hoskins. In the era of Roger Rabbit everyone was rattling on about him being [i]"Oh soooo talented daaahling"[/i| talent but all I could see was a Cockney stereotype.

Which of course brings me on to Phil Collins. Will you take him back please?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bono (Hiss, Boo, Hiss etc) yet.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

JayKay, can't stand him, reminded me when I saw him prancing around on the F1 grid earlier.

Comment

Graham chuffing Norton....................

Richard and Judy..............grrrrrrrr!!

And most of those frumpy old scrubbers from Loose Women (no doubt a gigantic understatement if truth be told!!) Particularly that McGiffin woman!

I could go on..........and on..........and on!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Amanda Holden angers me. She is vile.

Molly on Corrie is a bog eyed waste of space. Also hate the look of that odd child who plays Peter Barlow's son.

Robbie Williams.

Cheryl effing Cole.

Jo Whiley.
          WSS

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
          Alan Carr
          Deffo Deffo Deffo

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Graham chuffing Norton....................

Richard and Judy..............grrrrrrrr!!

And most of those frumpy old scrubbers from Loose Women (no doubt a gigantic understatement if truth be told!!) Particularly that McGiffin woman!

I could go on..........and on..........and on!!!

WHS

Also need to add Fearne waste of space Cotton, into the bag...

And Jeremy Kyle, he is as bad as some of his guests.

And Nicky gimp Campbell. Because of him, I don't listen to 5Live in the mornings anymore
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
            JayKay, can't stand him, reminded me when I saw him prancing around on the F1 grid earlier.
            Anyone remember the fast show pi55 take 'Car Pollution Hypocrisy"?

Naomi Campbell, another utterly nasty person who's managed to live a charmed life.

Also spotted on the F1 grid earlier.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Amanda Holden.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Agree with most of the above, however, I can't believe Jamie Oliver has not been mentioned.

Middle aged women and above appear to cave into his charming ways.

Comment

Germaine Greer. Can't stand her and she keeps popping up everywhere at the moment being wheeled out on everything from Come Dancing to Never Mind the Buzzcocks like she's some kind of national treasure.

Comment

Apart from the current cabinet,

1. Hugh Grant
                    2. Vanessa Feltz
                    3. Floella Benjamin
                    4. The cheeky girls
                    5. Paris Hilton
                    6. Peaches Geldof
                    7. Jenny Powell

In addition, to parapharase Chris Rock "I love homosexuals, but I hate pouffs!*"; you know the sort, Graham Norton, Alan Carr etc. etc.

They grind my gears.

* spell it how you will, you know what I mean.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      No, no, never!! The Top Gear team are demigods!
                      Going to see Top Gear Live at the MPH Show (Earls Court) on Sunday. Whoop whoop!! In true contractor style, going on Platinum Tickets too......

Comment

Working...
                      X