• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arsenal 0 - 3 Tottenham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Opium, Opera, Soma, whatever.

I have been in games with 80,000 people on the terraces completely engadged emotionally for 90 minutes in what is going on in front of you. Highs, lows, you do not get that with tiddlywinks.

A Pele goal, Maradona juggling the bottle with his feet, Van Basten scoring from an impossible angle, Celtic winning the European Cup in 67, Larssons's run from the half way line, nutmeg, goal. I enjoy it.
    Fair point. I'm not trying to be anti, I'm just trying to delve deeper and understand.

Eg, I could, in theory, just accept that I like my own hobbies, and that's all there is to it. But I like to know why these things move me, rather than just accept them, if that makes any sense. We all have to defend our decisions in doing the things we do, and understanding why we do the things we do is part of that journey of defence and self-discovery and exploration.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
    X