• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do football players protest against cards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Don't confuse the lack of a degree with a lack of education or ability.
    Believe me, you are not causing confusion on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Believe me, you are not causing confusion on this thread.
      I can only assume that you're drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I can only assume that you're drunk.
        Nope, sorry.

Comment

I am not sure what I have said that gives you the use of the term bigot, is my dismissal of Churchill and his lack of education bigotry?

Coming has 1 m, across has 1 c and bigot has 1 g.

HTH
          Bigots never are.....

HTH
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Absolutely not.

We have had enough of casual anti catholicism and blatant anti Irish feelings from where we live. We put up with it for too long and the "take it to PMs' attitude is simply trying to hide the weeping scab of West of Scotland sectarianim with a cheap plaster. As long as the rangers fans get to sing "the famine is over, why don't you go home" I am not going to hide my opinions from the public.
            fair enough..... it's just that no-one outside Glasgow cares either way. You both sound ridiculous.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Is it even allowed for a ref to un-issue a card? I've never seen it so it's hugely rare if he can... so why do they follow him around after getting a card? Is there a reason or are they just annoyed?
              It's part of the show. Simples.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                fair enough..... it's just that no-one outside Glasgow cares either way. You both sound ridiculous.

Carry on.
                I must admit I don't care that much about an ancient sectarian divide that's perpetuated by the tribal combat and combat inducing ritual that is football. Mind you odds are if the two "old firm" teams belonged to the same type of god bothering club then they'd find something else to fight about.

I'd rather all of these pathetic football "discussions" were held elsewhere or failing that in the Light Relief section which has this description "For anything not too serious, now including sports-related banter and polls"

To answer the original question there are two points

1. They're morons
                2. The football authorities haven't stamped it out by using punative punishments for offenders

If this type of ref abuse happened in either of the rugby codes the offender would find himself off the field PDQ.
                Last edited by TykeMerc; 1 November 2009, 23:19.

Comment

Working...
                X