• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Yep, thats why my "bread and butter" trading is on the 15min chart with reference to 4hr levels. 20-30 pip stoplosses rather than 200 pips.

Pinbars are good, but I would rather take that pin before it has formed, when it looks like a solid bearish/bullish candle and with a much smaller stop. That way I can remove the risk from my trade a lot quicker.

OK, thats it from me for now. Got to get back to the charts.
    Are you David "kid" Jenson????
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Are you David "kid" Jenson????
      Thats right pop pickers.

And it looks like the FTSE and Dow are top of the flops again for the late New York session.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Anyway Alexei, wrong again. Stockmarket has shot up today. Stick to your coding.

BTW What an unoriginal title for your thread. I know I'm your hero on this forum but do you have to copy me so blatantly?
        You sure about that
        London traders have gone home only to find their pants down tomorrow morning.

Comment

Mmmmmmm.

I think I've found a correlation in the market. In the US, Feinberg speaks about compensation (pay) for bankers and the market tanks.

We used to have a good little earner in the early 2000's - 'W' speaks and the market would sell off. It was good until everyone caught on.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Mmmmmmm.

I think I've found a correlation in the market. In the US, Feinberg speaks about compensation (pay) for bankers and the market tanks.

We used to have a good little earner in the early 2000's - 'W' speaks and the market would sell off. It was good until everyone caught on.
            Yep, a bit like when Trichet speaks, the euro rallies.

Unfortunately, its a bit unpredictable when Obama opens his mouth.

Comment

Just broke 5000...

Comment

Yep, my guess is a bounce off that round number until US equities open.

Then it's adios.

Anyone buying today? Come on, stocks are cheap

oh yes, and can anyone see a "pattern" emerging on the 4hr chart. I'll give you a clue, it looks like snakes and ladders. Or is it random?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  I'll give you a clue, it looks like snakes and ladders. Or is it random?
                  Are you playing old console games at work?

Comment

Oh man, not one single sector in the blue, my net worth has just plummeted £1000 ... crikey, we're doommed!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Are you playing old console games at work?
                      Nope, I dont have a boring IT job and the need to while away the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X