• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least you can trust the Tories.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least you can trust the Tories.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...on-Treaty.html

David Cameron is to tell the British people that a Conservative government will not give them a referendum on the European Union’s Lisbon Treaty.

The Tory party leader’s admission, which could come as early as Tuesday, will bring accusations that he has broken clear promises to grant a popular vote on the treaty.

Mr Cameron gave voters an “iron-clad” promise in 2007 that a Conservative government would hold a popular vote on Lisbon.

Any point in voting?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Any point in voting?
    For the Tories, or for a treaty that will already have been ratified and therefore where only yes results would be counted?

Comment

It is very difficult to pull out from ratified treaty unless you are a 3rd world country that.

Comment

It was a stupid idea anyway IMHO.

It would have to be X-Factor style with Cheryl rallying the Yes' and some other vacuuous cretin doing the Nos.

Of course, someone would have to explain it all in 3 mins or less as no one has actually read it

My €0.02

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It is very difficult to pull out from ratified treaty unless you are a 3rd world country that.
          that what?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            that what?
            that can't be trusted: if you repeal ratified treaty without other sides agreement then why trust future ratifications?

Comment

that can't be trusted: if you repeal ratified treaty without other sides agreement then why trust future ratifications?
              Reminds me of a story about the Germans foreign minister in WWII.
              It was Adolfs birthday and the General staff clubbed together to buy him a silver jewel-encrusted box to keep all the treaties in that Ribbentrop had signed.
              They couldn't find a single one that Adolph had not broken or renaged on. Apparently when he saw Ribbentrops forlorn expression he laughed till the tears ran.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Any point in voting?
                Yes. Vote BNP. It will annoy alot of people.....

Though I am probable going to waste my vote by voting for the liberals......

Comment

Me voting BNP would be a bit like a turkey voting for xmas.

Comment

WHS

Comment

Working...
                    X