• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate change belief is a religion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change belief is a religion

Nobody done this one? Believing in climate change is a religious belief protected by law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8339652.stm

what the judgment says is that a belief in man-made climate change and the alleged resulting moral imperative is capable of being a philosophical belief and is therefore protected by the 2003 religion or belief regulations."
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Who are the high priests and where do I send my money?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Nobody done this one? Believing in climate change is a religious belief protected by law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8339652.stm
      Would a firm belief in mankind-has-no-significant-effect-on-climate also fall under this area. Because then I have just found my religion. Finally.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Would a firm belief in mankind-has-no-significant-effect-on-climate also fall under this area. Because then I have just found my religion. Finally.
        it's about beliefs just as much as religion.

I do believe I will go to the pub this afternoon

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Does this mean that not believing in man made climate change is also a religion, and therefore accusations of equivalence with holocaust denial are illegal?

Does it also mean that believing in climate change is as reasonable as believing in, say, a flying spagetti monster?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows (which right now, should be loads).

Comment

I believe I can fly.

but that'll be the LSD talking.

Comment

I believe in miracles. Where you from, you sexy thing?

Comment

I believe all dogs go to heaven.

*bang*

Comment

Woah! This is a massive headmangler of a story. Who the hell brought religion or philosophy into it!?? WTF? Richard Dawkins must be banging his head on a wall right now.

It's a completely and totally scientific issue, whichever side of the "belief" you hold. Do people really make up their minds on this subject based on some kind of spiritual inspiration which comes to them in a vision?

If you were strongly opposed to nuclear power and your employer was enthusiastically promoting it, could either of you be said to have a "religious belief" about the issue?

And then you've got the employer claiming that his views are political and a "lifestyle choice".

Basically, the issue of man-made climate change is being treated as everything except a scientific issue - religious belief, philosophy, political belief and lifestyle choice. Can you imagine how you would feel if Evolution was treated as a political belief and a lifestyle choice!?

Just incredible.

This story is made up, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X