• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices rise another 1.2%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices rise another 1.2%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8340149.stm

V shaped recovery in progress.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...0_09_466gr.gif

UK is best placed for economic recovery.

Just wait until QE is reversed.

Comment

Word on the street is QE is going to be expanded and also that the money is going to be used to buy assets including property, in order to prop up property prices to a much greater degree.

Comment

Looks like the government has given up on the pound. What does this mean for savers and where is your cash stashed?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Looks like the government has given up on the pound. What does this mean for savers and where is your cash stashed?
          Spent it all. I'm now busy running up debt that will be deflated to nothing.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

This mess is going to take an awful lot of cleaning up.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Spent it all. I'm now busy running up debt that will be deflated to nothing.
              Yes. Marvelous isn't it.

Who was it said: "If you're not living beyond your means, you're not living"?

I think in the end, the reckless borrowers will be vindicated, and their debts written off with public money, and the frugal and sensible will be pilloried and flogged in the streets.

C' est la ferking vie

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Word on the street is QE is going to be expanded and also that the money is going to be used to buy assets including property, in order to prop up property prices to a much greater degree.
                Which streets are these. I wish they would hurry up so that the pound does another nose dive.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

it was bleedin' obvious the QE was gonna bring inflation

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    it was bleedin' obvious the QE was gonna bring inflation

Milan.
                    Everything except wage inflation.

Comment

Working...
                    X