Schiphol Airport Schiphol Airport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12

Still gathering requirements...

jason986 has no reputation

Default Schiphol Airport

It's about a year since I last went through Schiphol airport but last night I was using it again.

After going through the security check (and taking out the laptop etc) we had to go through a second security check (exactly the same format) just a few minutes away to get to the new H terminal. When I asked why we were doing the same thing twice within minutes of each other the guy just said 'for your safety' but I just don't understand it.

Does anyone know the real reason?

Super poster

n5gooner has more data than eek

job creation
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

CUK gives you wings

hyperD has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by jason986
    It's about a year since I last went through Schiphol airport but last night I was using it again.

After going through the security check (and taking out the laptop etc) we had to go through a second security check (exactly the same format) just a few minutes away to get to the new H terminal. When I asked why we were doing the same thing twice within minutes of each other the guy just said 'for your safety' but I just don't understand it.

Does anyone know the real reason?
    It's in case you decided to invoke that old matter energy equation E = mc2 in between the two terminals and construct a weapon of mass destruction out of pure energy from your suitcase.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by jason986
    When I asked why we were doing the same thing twice within minutes of each other the guy just said 'for your safety' but I just don't understand it.
    Do you want to think about it whilst your plane is being flown into Big Ben? The more security the better - the biggest cost of flying are taxes anyway, at least security do something useful for the money they get paid.

They have now removed the first security check so obviously when I went through two weeks ago they must have been in the process of moving things around.

Banned

Churchill has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by AtW
    Do you want to think about it whilst your plane is being flown into Big Ben? The more security the better - the biggest cost of flying are taxes anyway, at least security do something useful for the money they get paid.
    Sorry, I was just going to rip in to AtW. However, I've just thought feck it!

Sorry, I was just going to rip in to AtW. However, I've just thought feck it!
    Why bother? All forums have their share of ATW's.

KpMrJ has no reputation

Default Barmy Army

I fly in and out of Holland 2/3 times a month, primarily through Schipol.

To say its now a right royal pain in the arse is an understatement. I have to remove my coat, my belt, laptop out of case, and for the last 3 trips MY BOOTS !!!! I expect just incase I have a few lbs of semtex packed in them !!!

Its getting beyond a joke, plus theres the extra scanning and padding down at the gate also, what for ? Incase I've bought too much chocolate/alcohol ??? Plus most of the staff there couldn't give a monkies chuff about customer care, the last time one 'official' ( i use the term in the loosest sense ) literally threw my coat/bag etc into the scanner and wondered why I flipped my lid at him. You can probably tell by the length of my post IT PI$$ES ME OFF

Unfortunately, its the only place into holland where the flights are reasonably timed/priced/not delayed TOO much LOL

Ah, purge over I feel better now

J
    Trainee Techno Pikey

Banned

SandyDown has no reputation

This extra check started last May/June when I used to commute weekly, first it started by a few airlines e.g BMI, but not KLM, but within 2 months all the airlines started scanning lugguage again before they let you in the waiting gates!!

I the first check is by the airport, the second is by the airline itself, I think it must be some kind of an insurance precautions etc

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Hah, you think thats bad. I have to now fly in and out of Ben Gurion in Tel Aviv. Normally takes between 3-4 hours to get through everything.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.