• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I found the religious-type nonsense well written, because it provoked thought about parallels with our own world.

It showed you how insidious religion and the sky fairies are, how it preys upon people, and ultimately rules their lives.
    In addition, Starbuck is hot
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      In addition, Starbuck is hot
      Oh yes, I forgot to mention.

Starbuck is hot.

Thank you for the reminder.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Think you mean the Battlestar Galactica mini series. It wasnt a 'pilot.'

First shown as two 2 hour programmes, the mini series (so called cos it was shown as four 1 hour shows in the US) was very very good.

The actual follow up series was considerably weaker imo although a couple of episodes from each season were quite good. They tried to tie the end up quite well when they finally reached Earth, some 150,000 years in our past.

But then they spoilt it right at the end by insisting there was a 'god' and 'he' had input to mankind's survival. 6 and Baltar being 'angels' just added to the overall insult.

So no, stick with the mini series. The story is far more tight and the imposing music adds the the tension.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Oh yes, I forgot to mention.

Starbuck is hot.

Thank you for the reminder.
          No worries.

Did I mention Starbuck is hot?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Think you mean the Battlestar Galactica mini series. It wasnt a 'pilot.'

First shown as two 2 hour programmes, the mini series (so called cos it was shown as four 1 hour shows in the US) was very very good.

The actual follow up series was considerably weaker imo although a couple of episodes from each season were quite good. Spolilers removed

So no, stick with the mini series. The story is far more tight and the imposing music adds the the tension.
            Please remove your spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Please remove your spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!
              ****s sake the series ended 12 months ago.

Comment

****s sake the series ended 12 months ago.
                Clippy hasn't watched it yet, hence him posting! Any need to spoil the entire series if he plans on watching it?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Clippy hasn't watched it yet, hence him posting! Any need to spoil the entire series if he plans on watching it?
                  Oh and Data 'dies' in ST:Nemesis.

Come on. Galactica is all over the net.

Comment

Oh and Data 'dies' in ST:Nemesis.

Come on. Galactica is all over the net.
                    Nice to see you can be arsed to show some consideration for other people
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Cheers, but the twunt has succeeded.

Comment

Working...
                      X