• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash & Carry Chains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash & Carry Chains?

Figured I might as well join one. Makro is the only chain I know and there are none near here... what other chains are there?

Also, is there any need to justify shopping at these places as a business thing? Or once you join, is it irrelevant and you can buy personal stuff like any other store?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Costco is not too bad either. It doesn't have to be for business use.
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
      Costco is not too bad either. It doesn't have to be for business use.
      WHS. JTF is also worth joining if you can be bothered to find the odd gem amongst the oodles of cheap crap that they sell.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Figured I might as well join one. Makro is the only chain I know and there are none near here... what other chains are there?

Also, is there any need to justify shopping at these places as a business thing? Or once you join, is it irrelevant and you can buy personal stuff like any other store?
        I hope so, I've not been to Makro for 2 years but couldn't resist their Modern Warfare 2 at a low low £17.39 +VAT deal.

I don't know why they insist on you being in business? Why are they different? I joined by showing my MoD pass, some poor sod at the random mail point I gave is most probably still getting my monthly flyer.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Makro lets you buy whatever you want - the only exception being that you can no longer buy bulk paracetamol / ibuprofen unless you are a medical company, unfortunately. They used to do some really good deals on them, too.

Off this afternoon to buy the monthly Pepsi Max and crisp supply....
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Snag is with Costco, they sell nothing that I couldn't buy as cheap or cheaper in ASDA without a 50 mile return trip.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Snag is with Costco, they sell nothing that I couldn't buy as cheap or cheaper in ASDA without a 50 mile return trip.
              Tyres! I got 4 Michelins the other day for £120 less than I'd been quoted anywhere else.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Glasses
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They sell stuff businesses can't get from ASDA though. Like massive tubs of coffee and gross-packs of toilet roll
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last time I was in Costco, I stocked up on very cheap "Plenty" kitchen towels.

And a huge tub of Nutella and bumper container of jelly beans, yum!
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X