• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the Microsoft Support Monkeys thread ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Microsoft Support Monkeys thread ..

how do we get out of this tuliptie my fellow friends ? I blame the immigrants - EVERYBODY OUT , you hear me !!!! Oh wait that includes me. ..

I blame http://www.computeach.co.uk/ and http://www.cercotraining.co.uk/ and the never ending supply of subservient security cleared ex military types who are already drawing pensions so they can afford to take the low rates which drives them down further...
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

learn to be a plumber or an electrician....oh no actually....

Comment

car washing....oh no....actually

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
          learn to be a plumber or an electrician....oh no actually....
          Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
          car washing....oh no....actually
          Tragic isn't it.

Truth is I've gotten so used to my pathetic rate I might as well sell the car, work at a local shop on NMW and claim loads of income support, housing benefit etc etc. At least I'd get holiday and sick pay.

I'll hold out until the next general election to see if this is going to be viable.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I blame http://www.computeach.co.uk/ and http://www.cercotraining.co.uk/ and the never ending supply of subservient security cleared ex military types who are already drawing pensions so they can afford to take the low rates which drives them down further...
            Oyyy... Ex Military - Yes, Drawing pension - Yes, subservient - No, Pushing down rates - Never. Rate has increased with every new contract.
            SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
              Oyyy... Ex Military - Yes, Drawing pension - Yes, subservient - No, Pushing down rates - Never. Rate has increased with every new contract.
              I've worked with guys who are happy to work for £8ph because their mortgage is covered by the pension, how is that no driving down rates?

Comment

I've worked with guys who are happy to work for £8ph because their mortgage is covered by the pension, how is that no driving down rates?
                £8ph - They need some re-alignment. All the ex military contractors I work with are pushing the rates up were they can.
                SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I've seen similar things happen in the Police as well, Police officers in their late 40s 'retire' on a Friday on a pension two thirds of their salary and then start work on Monday morning for the same Force in a civilianised role, as a contractor or as an advisor to a supplier.
                  Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Here support monkeys, have a

oo oo oo

Comment

Working...
                    X