ay you goes from strength to strength ay you goes from strength to strength
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,973

    Default ay you goes from strength to strength

    sign of the times

    was reading a couple of days ago barick are going to buy back their hedges

    the hedges have been holding back their growth for some years but their configence in the market price mean they will buy out the hedges and get the full benefit of the growth in ay you

    which suggests there is more to come

    in terms of divercifying barick is looking like an interesting play

    what does the jury think ?

    and don't keep quiet those of you who were laughing at i when ay you was 600 green backs

    Milan.

  2. #2

    Dirty kapitalist spekulant

    DiscoStu has more data than eek

    DiscoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Andyw's mum's house
    Posts
    8,133

    Default

    I'm not laughing. Your terribly repetetive use of the ay you pun has long since killed any laughter I had left
    ǝןqqıʍ

  3. #3

    Fingers like lightning

    bobhope has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I'm not laughing. Your terribly repetetive use of the ay you pun has long since killed any laughter I had left
    Also by calling it AU, it marks you out as an amateur that got lucky. N E fool knos the currency code is XAU.

  4. #4

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobhope View Post
    Also by calling it AU, it marks you out as an amateur that got lucky. N E fool knos the currency code is XAU.
    WHS.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

  5. #5

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,042

    Default

    I love it when milan tries to be "sofistikated bout finance, innit".
    Stick to tape changing and potato farming.
    When people who are, shall we say, not up to it, get into finance they end up like Santa, slowly pissing their pittance into the wind.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  6. #6

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    I love it when milan tries to be "sofistikated bout finance, innit".
    Stick to tape changing and potato farming.
    When people who are, shall we say, not up to it, get into finance they end up like Santa, slowly pissing their pittance into the wind.
    WHS.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

  7. #7

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,973

    Default

    listen to these two

    Sas, the reason I got into au was because I know nothing about this finance stuff and wanted somewhere safe and secure to store a % of wealth


    those who know, know that a man should have 5% to 10% of his pennies in au as the secure foundation of an investment strategy

    yes you may know more about derivitives and complex financial instruments, but I know the simple rules like:

    . don't trust any pension product or the people who sell them

    . if you need to borrow to buy something it means you cannot afford it

    . shares can go down as well as up

    . in the long term, property will always win and grow with inflation

    . au will always be a transferable wealth holder and grow with inflation


    simple rules which helps one to sleep peacefully at night what

    Milan.

  8. #8

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    listen to these two

    Sas, the reason I got into au was because I know nothing about this finance stuff and wanted somewhere safe and secure to store a % of wealth


    those who know, know that a man should have 5% to 10% of his pennies in au as the secure foundation of an investment strategy

    yes you may know more about derivitives and complex financial instruments, but I know the simple rules like:

    . don't trust any pension product or the people who sell them

    . if you need to borrow to buy something it means you cannot afford it

    . shares can go down as well as up

    . in the long term, property will always win and grow with inflation

    . au will always be a transferable wealth holder and grow with inflation


    simple rules which helps one to sleep peacefully at night what

    Milan.
    WHS.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    listen to these two

    Sas, the reason I got into au was because I know nothing about this finance stuff and wanted somewhere safe and secure to store a % of wealth


    those who know, know that a man should have 5% to 10% of his pennies in au as the secure foundation of an investment strategy

    yes you may know more about derivitives and complex financial instruments, but I know the simple rules like:

    . don't trust any pension product or the people who sell them

    . if you need to borrow to buy something it means you cannot afford it

    . shares can go down as well as up

    . in the long term, property will always win and grow with inflation

    . au will always be a transferable wealth holder and grow with inflation


    simple rules which helps one to sleep peacefully at night what

    Milan.
    So is gold a good investment today?

  10. #10

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,973

    Default

    you must of course do your own research


    reading the latest research about the world's largest producer, Barrick,

    http://news.google.com/news/search?a...ick+gold+hedge


    it appears, for several reasons, the hedge funds are piling into Barrick



    this would suggest the answer to your question is yes

    pls do your own research

    Milan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •