Diet while benched Diet while benched
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

Default Diet while benched

Logically, seeing as I have lots of time on my hands, I should be able to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, nutritious pasta and fish delights and nicely prepared salads, but somehow I can't motivate myself to fix anything other than a bacon sarnie and a banana milkshake.

Anyone else experiencing the same culinary lethargy?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 19th November 2009 at 15:22.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

(_?_)

HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

Yes. I'm not benched, but 'work' from home. I scoffed a whole box of Tesco's finest chocolate & Brazil nut cookies for lunch. I did have an orange too.

I live worse than I did as a student. I'm getting so fed up with it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

More fingers than teeth

TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

I've discovered something that's easy to prepare and healthy. Kippers (well, I'm not sure they are Kippers, but some kind of smoked fish) and coleslaw. Okay smoked fish might kill you long term, but hey it's fish. You get about 5 kippers for, I don't know, £2.50 and a big tub of coleslaw for about ~50p. One kipper and quarter tub of coleslaw and that's a healthy meal done. Then top up with cheap carbohydrates of choice. Beans (or e.g. a tinned 'breakfast') mixed with a tin of proper tomatoes ain't bad either, but obviously that does require some cooking.

Obstinate Git

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've discovered something that's easy to prepare and healthy. Kippers (well, I'm not sure they are Kippers, but some kind of smoked fish) and coleslaw. Okay smoked fish might kill you long term, but hey it's fish. You get about 5 kippers for, I don't know, £2.50 and a big tub of coleslaw for about ~50p. One kipper and quarter tub of coleslaw and that's a healthy meal done. Then top up with cheap carbohydrates of choice. Beans (or e.g. a tinned 'breakfast') mixed with a tin of proper tomatoes ain't bad either, but obviously that does require some cooking.
    No thanks.

Contractor Among Contractors

conned tractor has no reputation

Same here - working from home. Couldn't be ar$ed to make something healthy for lunch so just had a packet of crisps.

I also find I drink too much of an evening because I ain't got to drive anywhere or breathe on anyone the next day. Got to get me real job again soon anyhow.

Gotta get out of this cycle - also find I am not doing enough exercise and feel really lethargic.

Super poster

SantaClaus has more data than eek

Well I had a whole packet of Tunes today.

But then I have got a cold.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Banned

singhr has no reputation

I am in Paris at the moment and they have this metic system, they don't know what a fck*ng Quarter Pounder is - instead they call it a Royale with Cheese!

Super poster

MrMark is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Well I had a whole packet of Tunes today.

But then I have got a cold.
    Please don't tell Cyberman. He'd have you quarantined!

Fingers like lightning

SuperZ is good enough for Jehovah!

Come on peoples, think healthy. Wake up and breath the morning air, imagine your body as a machine, feed crap in you get crap out (including lethargy). Last time I was benched long term was when I really started getting into excersise and healthy eating and have continued ever since. Be strict with yourselves ya pu$$ies . If ya can`t be arsed to cook, buy some salad or some healthy soups but keep an eye on the fat content of the soup

Obstinate Git

Quote Originally Posted by SuperZ View Post
    Come on peoples, think healthy. Wake up and breath the morning air, imagine your body as a machine, feed crap in you get crap out (including lethargy). Last time I was benched long term was when I really started getting into excersise and healthy eating and have continued ever since. Be strict with yourselves ya pu$$ies
    I train twice a week at the rugby club, run twice a week and do two weights sessions a week. Trouble is, it all makes me more hungry so I eat more bacon sarnies.