Oh Dear ™ - Government debt even higher than expected Oh Dear ™ - Government debt even higher than expected
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,147

    Default Oh Dear ™ - Government debt even higher than expected

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8367991.stm

    The UK's public sector net borrowing reached £11.42bn last month, official figures have shown.

    The figure was the highest for the month of October since records began in 1993 and was much higher than economists had expected.

    The ONS said public sector net debt as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP) totalled 59.2% in October, also the highest since records began.

    If you want to be the best, if you want to beat the rest, Gordon Brown is what you need. If you want to be.....a record breaker!

    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,973

    Default

    lol

    this'll be good for the shiny metal

    Milan.

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Andy2 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    whats the problem
    just print £11.42bn , sorteeed

  4. #4

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,147

    Default

    Hey Yoo!
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Andy2 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    lol

    this'll be good for the shiny metal

    Milan.
    you mean aye you or aye gee ?

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    Strange how off-shoring jobs and bringing people in to work minimum wage has lowered tax receipts.

  7. #7

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Strange how off-shoring jobs and bringing people in to work minimum wage has lowered tax receipts.
    We need another 20,000,000 unknown, unvetted, unskilled, uneducated, non-English speaking people. It's what drives us to the top of the G20 nations.

    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    What's the big deal? Darling needs about £700bn to cover it all:

    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6233339.ece

    That's only about £12K for each of the UK's residents. In fact it'll only be £10K/each when a few more land on these shores.

  9. #9

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    What's the big deal? Darling needs about £700bn to cover it all:

    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6233339.ece

    That's only about £12K for each of the UK's residents. In fact it'll only be £10K/each when a few more land on these shores.
    Yes, my 20 month old son can afford it and so can the old granny down in the retirement home and the asylum seeker in town and that tramp and those unemployed people and so can all the school children, people on the dole etc.

    When you put the burden on those working it works out more like £100K each.
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes, my 20 month old son can afford it and so can the old granny down in the retirement home and the asylum seeker in town and that tramp and those unemployed people and so can all the school children, people on the dole etc.

    When you put the burden on those working it works out more like £100K each.
    Umm, I think plenty of people on minimum wage are lucky if they can save £10/month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •