• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FIFA- credible or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punishment after the game would do Ireland no good. They are still out. Even if Henry is banned for 100 years, executed, chopped up and his body parts thrown into TPD.

Video technology must be used during the game, using the three wrong appeal system if necessary to prevent spurious claims. It is the only way to get a correct result from the game, there and then, that no-one can argue with.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Punishment after the game would do Ireland no good.
      No, not after the Georgia game when Robbie Keane handled the ball in the box. Ireland would have been stripped of the points and probably would not have made the play-offs. France v Ireland would never have came to pass, and victory would not have been handed to France
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
        No, not after the Georgia game when Robbie Keane handled the ball in the box. Ireland would have been stripped of the points and probably would not have made the play-offs. France v Ireland would never have came to pass, and victory would not have been handed to France
        So you are not willing to use video evidence.. then you are...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          So you are not willing to use video evidence.. then you are...
          I'm saying if video evidence was used then it wouldn't do Ireland any good in this situation because they have 'previous'.

Personally I'm against video evidence in football. I'd have another couple of linesmen in preference to technology.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

I'm saying if video evidence was used then it wouldn't do Ireland any good in this situation because they have 'previous'.

Personally I'm against video evidence in football. I'd have another couple of linesmen in preference to technology.
            What good is video evidence when Eduardo gets away with a total blatent dive to get a penalty, 2 match ban then it gets rescinded.

You would have to be on drugs to see that was not a dive, what do you say to that?

Comment

Two extra linesman is just adding two extra points of human error. Did you see the Fulham Roma game?

Comment

What good is video evidence when Eduardo gets away with a total blatent dive to get a penalty, 2 match ban then it gets rescinded.
                Well I don't agree with video evidence. But the situation with Eduardo was more to do with setting legal precedent IIRC. UEFA jumped on the bandwagon, then realised they would have to punish every player who dived in every game in their juristiction, so they quietly slipped off the bandwagon.

You would have to be on drugs to see that was not a dive, what do you say to that?
                I agree. And I don't know why Eduardo bothered because we clearly had the upper hand against a bunch of Scottish has-beens.

Luckily the referee at the Hibernian game wasn't taking any drugs when he gave Aiden McGeady his marching orders for diving. On this occasion your manager blamed "tiredness" for McGeady's deliberate attempt to cheat.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

I agree with this from Roy Keane.

He blames the Irish defenders for letting Henry get into that position in the first place. He says complaining about spilt milk is pointless.

He says cheating goes on all the time. He wants video technology to sort out problems there and then.

He also had a go at some FAI official, and at the interviewer for letting his mobile ring in the middle of the interview - disrespectful, he called it.

Comment

In football whereby they haven't embraced the tv replay ethos as yet

The ref's decision is final, apparently....
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I agree with this from Roy Keane.

He also had a go at some FAI official, and at the interviewer for letting his mobile ring in the middle of the interview - disrespectful, he called it.
                      Thats nothing new for Keane to have a falling out with the FAI

Comment

Working...
                      X