• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Weekend - yay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the girls to ballet in the morning, then to my parents for the weekend. Church Christmas bazaar on Saturday morning / lunch / afternoon.

Come home Sunday.

MrsF is selling at a craft fair on Saturday in Halifax, then relaxing at home without the three of us for the evening / Sunday. Normally she is shopping with her mum this weekend while we go to my folks, so it's our pre-Christmas tradition.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cl-cl-cl-close
      To-the to-the to-the edge
      To-the to-the to-the to-the edge

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        my lad is 18 and he plays drums in a local band. He heard one of the tracks from Close to the edge and some ELP and he was very impressed. He reckons they used techniques back in the 70's that arn't used much in modern stuff.
        He was rattling on about off-beats and quarter notes or something
        So when I told him they were still touring, and we could get to see them, he got very exited

I bought some prog rock albums to see what all the fuss was about after seeing a documentary on BBC4, IIRC Carl Palmer commissioned British Steel to build a drum kit from stainless, when asked if he wanted 1/4 or 1/2 inch plate he thought thicker would be best, it arrived weighing in at 2.5 ton and needed a reinforced stage to use it.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Taking the girls to ballet in the morning
          I've weedled out of that one by getting a total refusal to dance one step from both of them a few weeks back. Their mother took them last week and they danced like a dream.

Means I can do a bit of non pestered digging in the garden in the morning, followed by rugby in the pub

Comment

Took today off, after taking 4 hours to get back from work last night and the train taking me an hour to get into Glasgow this morning then seeing the chaos at Queen Street for the Edinburgh shuttle I just called it a day and phoned in. Bloody rain.

Going to get royaly drunk this afternoon.

Comment

Any big plans for the weekend ?

Canoeing in Cumbria ?
              Skiing in Scandanavia ?
              Curling up with a hot toddy to watch the celebs in the jungle ?

I am taking my lad to see YES at the Apollo in Manchester, I have been looking forward to this for months

yay
              Pogging in Prestwich

Hiya EO
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                I've weedled out of that one by getting a total refusal to dance one step from both of them a few weeks back. Their mother took them last week and they danced like a dream.

Means I can do a bit of non pestered digging in the garden in the morning, followed by rugby in the pub
                I don't mind the ballet trip - DD1 goes into her lesson. DD2 plays with friends while we wait. I chat with the other parents. An hour later, DD1 comes out and has a snack before we go home.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Pogging in Prestwich

Hiya EO
                  Are you fossil hunting Pogle ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are you fossil hunting Pogle ?

Sadly no, but Pogle jr is cataloguing her fossil collection in preparation for her Brownies collecting badge!
                    Last edited by Pogle; 20 November 2009, 13:03. Reason: spelling
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      Sadly no, but Pogle jr is cataloguing her fossil collection in preparation for her Brownies collecting badge!
                      What do you think of the mammoth poo story
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X