• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Weekend - yay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Took today off, after taking 4 hours to get back from work last night and the train taking me an hour to get into Glasgow this morning then seeing the chaos at Queen Street for the Edinburgh shuttle I just called it a day and phoned in. Bloody rain.

Going to get royaly drunk this afternoon.
    I know the feeling.

Flight turned back to AMS last night 15 mins from home as the windscreen cracked. Crap hotel near the airport overnight.

Just got home now still wearing yesterdays pants.

SO, I will be opening a nice cold bottle of white as soon as I pick Mrs PL up from work.

Rugby in pub tomorrow.

Lunch with little bro who's in town on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Sadly no, but Pogle jr is cataloguing her fossil collection in preparation for her Brownies collecting badge!

What classification scheme is she using? Or is she devising one of her own?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

relaxing and doing nowt

well that was the plan this morning but I am sure Mrs oPM will have found something for me to do tomorrow.

hopefully catch the Utd game on saturday but not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

What classification scheme is she using? Or is she devising one of her own?

Just the name of the fossil, approx age, when and where she found it.
          Its been keeping her quiet for ages at the weekends - not entirly sure how scientific it is, but I suspect it will be enough for Brown Owl!

My favorites are the cross sections of Crinoids - which just look like big white dots, but when you immerese the stone in water you see a little tiny cross detail in the dots - lovely.

I'm really getting into this fossil thing
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Just the name of the fossil, approx age, when and where she found it. Its been keeping her quiet for ages at the weekends - not entirely sure how scientific it is, but I suspect it will be enough for Brown Owl!
            I was being mean, I'm afraid. Fossil classification is a bugger of a subject. Devising a generic classification scheme for something about which you do not know the boundaries is very hard.

Anyway, if she's already started then this link is of little use to you. Other than to confirm what she is doing is just fine.

My favourites are the cross sections of Crinoids - which just look like big white dots, but when you immerese the stone in water you see a little tiny cross detail in the dots - lovely. I'm really getting into this fossil thing
            Just so long as you remember the Devil put them there during The Flood to make you think the world is more than 6,000 years old. Or something.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Well?
                sorry, i can't remember what i was doing 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  sorry, i can't remember what i was doing 10 years ago.
                  You can't remember what you were doing 10 minutes ago....

Comment

Now why did I come in here?

Oh, yes, an EO thread.

Don't see many of those any more.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X