• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Seriously, if you think things are going to get that bad you should be buying a small farm in a remote part of Wales or Scotland and then applying for a gun permit and buying generators, body-armour and night vision stuff from the Internet.
    My favourite plan is to go to Australia on the pretence that I am going to use the return ticket. If only Australia, Canada, Zealand were in the EU rather than those awful European countries, or even had reciprocal immigration policies (i.e. open door).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      My favourite plan is to go to Australia on the pretence that I am going to use the return ticket. If only Australia, Canada, Zealand were in the EU rather than those awful European countries, or even had reciprocal immigration policies (i.e. open door).
      They might have a reciprocation problem. Everyone leaves the UK. Nobody comes in.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm that some guy, thanks for the link

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I was reading some guy's blog about surviving the economic crash in Argentina yesterday, which was quite interesting.
        I'm really glad to hear there are some people left in Britain worried about your country's direction. I love Britain and I've been very sad to see what's happening there and dreading that it's headed my way, too. There are Americans praying for Britain, but we're loosing hope.

I'm one of those American gun nuts you hear about. I'm doing my best as resources permit to prepare my family for tough times. I found Ferfal's notes on what happened to him in Argentina extremely useful and practical so I posted them for others. I'm glad you found it interesting. I tell friends here jokingly that the currency of the future will be ammunition. Then I go buy some. I am also buying old (pre-1964) American all-silver coins.

I also try to get some barter goods. I try to have some extra tools, gas cans, rope, tarps, wire, and small things that might be worth something to someone else to trade for things we might need. Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
        X