• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Lifestyle

Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.

So, I've phoned for a taxi to go buy some and fetch it.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Taxi?

A real contractor would call a stretch limo to go get it.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Little dinner party, had a glass or two. Oops! Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.

Are you in 'Come dine with me'?

Comment

Cook has just realised there isn't quite enough cream for the apple pie desert.
        I can think of a lateral solution to this dilemma, full of protein, but I don't think the guests are going to like it...
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Is your cook so incompetent that she cannot manage the kitchen stores, or is she the best you can afford? I’d have words with your housekeeper about getting a replacement. Why is being brought to your attention; your staff should sort all this out without having to trouble you with this trivia.

Anyway, can’t you get some sent up from the dairy on the home farm on your estate?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              I can think of a lateral solution to this dilemma, full of protein, but I don't think the guests are going to like it...
              No, because they'd be expecting something chilled.

They're all watching "Small and big sins" (aka Heartbeat) now. Playing "spot the anachronism"

These are Danes:
              "Oh, Fylingdales is just to the left of that shot. They could include that."
              "Yes, but it's been upgraded since. There's a big trapezoidal thing now."

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Is your cook so incompetent that she cannot manage the kitchen stores, or is she the best you can afford? I’d have words with your housekeeper about getting a replacement. Why is being brought to your attention; your staff should sort all this out without having to trouble you with this trivia.
                I think it could be something to do with me nicking some earlier... I run things more on a matrix mngt so housekeeper is allowed to boss/chide/make example of me about stuff when it's her area of responsibility. I enjoy it.

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Anyway, can’t you get some sent up from the dairy on the home farm on your estate?
                There're some odd EU rules. I'm know I'm allowed to take whole milk, pre-pasteuriser, but after that I'm fuzzy and leave it to the staff.

Comment

used to do that for booze when we were underage, and no contractor cash coming in!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    used to do that for booze when we were underage, and no contractor cash coming in!!
                    You'll just have to expand on that, as I don't quite see the relationship to the thread...

I'm here acting as 'judge', Googling like mad when there's a disagreement: "That's the wrong font for a Police station sign!" Trying to concentrate on finding a picture whilst sat in a chair with two rather large chested girls stood very close either side pressing me to perform to their side of the argument.

Comment

Working...
                    X