• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fox-Hunting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    I hate the ruling class that they are warring against. The French had the right idea about the aristos.

As for controlling the fox population, fine. But is a cavalry charge in fancy dress really the way to do it? And to do it for the enjoyment of seeing a creature ripped apart? Surely those who actually enjoy that are psychopaths. They need to be watched.
    maybe all that this proves is that we all need someone to hate
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Well it works better than any other practical way of culling foxes. It doesnt cost the taxpayer any money, the price of chickens is kept low and a bunch of toffs get to ride around in silly outfits. If a few people can earn a living out of it and a few countyfolk can get their weekly sadistic fix without having to torture peasants then so what?
      Spoken like a true city dweller
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Well done the Tories. Fox hunting is more popular than ever due to the removal of the barbaric element of the "sport". This has a knock-on in the prosperity of the rural economy.

Remove the ban and adversely impact the rural economy. Smart move!

Pretty rich move on the part of the human race to call the foxes treatment of the odd chicken and lamb as inappropriate cruelty.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I see Berkshire Hunts every day
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Are Dave's lot going to repeal the Act? I'm given to understand they daren't.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

but why not

I hit a pheasant at 150 kph on the autobahn yesterday. It damaged the grille on the car and then the poor creature's head got caught in the Mercedes star on the bonnet, which ripped the head off and, like a slingshot, fired the body of the pheasant several metres into the air, as I saw in the rear view mirror, before it crashed to earth somewhere behind me. I drove on with the head still stuck in the 3 pointed star and a little eye staring at me until I could get to a services and remove it.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 23 November 2009, 20:42.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

When the Tories get in next year I hope in addition to letting us toffs kill vermin again we can stick some chavs up chimneys. Let's get the Great back into Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I see Berkshire Hunts every day
                  Berkeley
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Instead of re-introducing fox hunting, how about we create a new sport? We could call it "Harman hunting".

I quite fancy the idea of seeing that crazy, man-hating weirdo torn limb from limb from a pack of hounds before she can do any more damage....

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X