• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminism in practice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    You never heard any complaints from Mrs Aristotle did you ? No, they knew which side their bread was buttered those ancient Greek birds.
    This conversation was recently translated from an ancient tablet -

Mrs Aristotle - 'Eee lass, you should have seen him last night. Hard as solid petra he was, like a acropolis he was, like a blooming Corinthian column. Had me over the bath he did, poor old Diogenes didnt know where to put his face.
    Mrs Plato - 'ooo, sounds great. Thank the Gods we have lusty men to tell us our venal desires'
    Mrs Socrates - 'Go men go yay. Tell us what to do'

Sappho wanders up - 'Hey girls. I gave this hoplite the finger this morning as I passed him in my chariot. Girly power eh ?'

sounds of screaming as the good ladies of Athens chuck Sappho over the cliffs into the sea.

Would that by Aristotle's first or second wife?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I was tempted next time to let it bang in her face, but I'm not that vindictive.
      The ambiguity in that has been bothering me for over an hour.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        sometimes the willpower required not to post would be enough to bend a couple of dozen spoons into paperclips

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          The others are still pot-noodling.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Held a door open for a woman, she gave me some verbal. When she'd finished I said "I hold doors open for men as well, you sexist prat".
            I once worked for a well known company who had a pre-op transexual working there. He couldn't stop himself from opening doors for ladies, which was quite charming but he never had the favour returned by the blokes. Not sure where I am going witrh this so I'll stop and nip over to the we hate Diestl thred and see how that is coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              We only do it to see your boobs wobble.
              So why did the rather attractive women just now hold the door open for me when I was still four or five yards from the door. No-one wants to see my boobs wobble.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So why did the rather attractive women just now hold the door open for me when I was still four or five yards from the door. No-one wants to see my boobs wobble.
                Because she's naive enough to think we do it to be polite?

If women knew what went on in mens minds they wouldn't come anywhere near us.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  If women knew what went on in mens minds they wouldn't come anywhere near us.
                  gingerjedi is right

how about this from The Final Cut-

And if I show you my dark side
                  will you still hold me tonight
                  and if I open my heart to you
                  and show you my weak side
                  what would you do

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Sell the story to Rolling Stone.

Whaddya expect?

There's money to be made.
                    yeah, ok

but what about the kids ?
                    would you leave me alone ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Final cut. Music to slit your wrists to. ( Hence the name, presumably ).
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X