• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Santa.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Santa.....

I would like for Christmas this year:
    • A 12 month contract at a decent rate
    • Regulation of the recruitment industry
    • A virulent strain of swine flu to sweep through the political "elite"
    • World peace
    • 2 Mountaineering holidays
    • A warm summer without 40 days continuous rain
    • England not to go out on penalties in the world cup

Thanks so much
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    • A 12 month contract at a decent rate
    • Regulation of the recruitment industry
    • A virulent strain of swine flu to sweep through the political "elite"
    • World peace
    • 2 Mountaineering holidays
    • A warm summer without 40 days continuous rain
    • England not to go out on penalties in the world cup

Thanks so much
    How are the 'political elite' (oxymoron of the day) to regulate the recruitment industry if they're all off sick with swine flu?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      How are the 'political elite' (oxymoron of the day) to regulate the recruitment industry if they're all off sick with swine flu?
      Political elite are abject failures:

They are all private schooled pampered self serving types who have managed to alienate the electorate to such an extent that it is too much of a chore to leave the house to vote for them. And that suits them just fine.

Based on performance, if they were an animal they would be put down for their own good.

I would like to see a plumber from Truroe, a bobby from Cheltnam, a doctor from Hertfordshire and a biochemist from Hampshire involved in politics. Involved in policy making for people that they understood.

People with experience and careers outside of Westminster.

Policy by the people for the people.

(NB: This is not a party politically biased rant, all sides of the house are equally guilty of this and have been for many years)

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

• An x month contract at a decent rate

Thanks so much
        I'd settle for a 1/3/6/12 monther

Comment

I'll settle for the little bastards that broke into my campervan last night haning by piano wire from the nearest lamppost.

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I'll settle for the little bastards that broke into my campervan last night haning by piano wire from the nearest lamppost.

Anyone who messes with another man vehicle should be executed.

I had to sell my 350Z due to 2 cases of vandalism costing ME £1800

I feel your pain

Comment

I think we would benefit from a few more "independents" becoming MPs.

The sad fact is that not enough people will vote for somebody who isn't already a "celebrity".
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Anyone who messes with another man vehicle should be executed.

I had to sell my 350Z due to 2 cases of vandalism costing ME £1800

I feel your pain
                Yes, some twat drove into my TT in a carpark a couple of months after I got it without leaving a name/number.

That cost a pretty penny - it didn't "just buff out"
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Yes, some twat drove into my TT in a carpark a couple of months after I got it without leaving a name/number.

That cost a pretty penny - it didn't "just buff out"
                  Somebody bashed into Mrs Tester’s car in the car park outside one of the care homes she runs and didn’t leave a note behind. Security cameras revealed the perpetrator to be a trainee nurse earning about 800 euros per month. Perpetrator didn’t know that Mrs Tester happens to be Group Head of nursing. Now I always thought of Mrs Tester as a kindly type, but I learned then that she can be quite ruthless. I still haven’t forgiven her for sacking the poor girl, but she insists ‘driving off after an accident is a criminal offence and we can’t have criminals working in this company’. Evil Mrs Tester; that dent cost less than the average pair of shoes lying unused in the bottom of her wardrobe.

Mind you, if it’d been my Merc I’d have dreamt up a fitting punishment too.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Don't you oppress them! They're only expressing their frustration at a society that doesn't respect their individuality and their right to do exactly as they damn well please.

Rather than punish them they should be rewarded for manifesting their feelings.

You beast!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X