• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A reminder of just how fortunate we are to have positioned ourselves as we have

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Genuine question (not wishing to offend but to understand)

And as a contractor you are different how? Presumably because you earn more.
    ??
    no offence taken
    not sure if I understand the question but I will have a go.

I am not tied to this job, so my days and years are different. I own my own car and get a new one every two years. I own my own house with no mortgage, I am married and have loads of kids, I havnt lived with my parents for near 40 years. All my scars are battle scars.

I take loads of holidays, typically a four or five week adventure holiday a year doing exactly what I want to do. If the boss doesnt like me taking so long, he can fck off and eat a big fat one.

Thank God I am a contractor

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Maybe the muppet should stop reading the guardian and read a decent paper like the Torygraph. Then he could then get a decent job and afford a house.
      I didn't know a living person could donate IQ.

I see why you call yourself brillopad.

The New Statesman wasn't supposed to be aspirational you know.....
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

PorkPie,

I read the Grauniad from time to time cos I want to see what the luvvies are dreaming up

Mau z tong, Art of War, know your enemy

Dim,

decided that that shiny giant 4x4 couldn't be justified and prolly will go for a Mitsubishi Shogun, fully loaded is 65% the price of the big shiny thing.

Milan.

Comment

Clue: Torygraph
          He was being sarcastic
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            oh well there we are, too bad for the suckers suckered into this materialistic consumer world
            Didn't you get rid of the Passat for a flash motor ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              Didn't you get rid of the Passat for a flash motor ?
              He's only getting a Mitsubishi Shogun now
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Clue: Torygraph
                He was being sarcastic
                Spacecadet knows me too well. Sorry about that. But with tpd closed nothing better to do.

Particular apologies to Nick who is a guardian reader but earns more than me!

I have got 3 kids and wonder how they will ever afford a house. Personally I would like a tax on second homes : but hard to see how it could be enforced. Though removed tax relief of mortgage payments from rental income might be a start! However a far better measure would be re-opening tpd.......

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  PorkPie,

I read the Grauniad from time to time cos I want to see what the luvvies are dreaming up

Mau z tong, Art of War, know your enemy

Dim,

decided that that shiny giant 4x4 couldn't be justified and prolly will go for a Mitsubishi Shogun, fully loaded is 65% the price of the big shiny thing.

Milan.
                  Sun Tzu?
                  We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

we don't get rid of the old cars, we put 'em in the barn

didn't get the shiny one yet, too expensive, prolly get a Shogun.

Milan.

Comment

PorkPie,

thass the boy

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X