• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Ryanair £5 con

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Ryanair £5 con

Tried booking the all inclusive £5 seats last night but couldnt actually find any seats that were priced at £5 including all taxes and charges.

Has anyone else had any luck with this con from Ryabair? I would be interested to know exactly how many seats Ryanair made available at this price because I tried everything I could last night and all I ended up with was £4.99 seat plus around £60 worth of taxes and charges on top of that!

Farken con I reckon!

Mailman

and...

And that would probably be arriving at some remote central European airport, with no transport links in the middle of an industrial estate at 1am in the morning
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Its the taxes that make it con, not actual offer - unless you can prove that Ryanair charges money for "taxes" but actually uses them as their own revenue, then its serious con, otherwise read the small print which will clearly state you ain't got no rights.

Comment

I think you've misread the ad. Five pounds for a seat plus taxes. Airport taxes are much more than a fiver anyway. Sometimes Ryanair give flights away.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

If you read the instructions you will see that the five pound all in offer is only available to 6 destinations.

As to the Taxes they only ever add about 30 quid to my return flights, where did 60 pounds come from (or was that for two flights?)

tim

Comment

Once got a KLM flight from Norwich to Amsterdam for £5 plus £15 taxes - return. Flightime 1 hour 20 minutes.

The taxi to and from Norwich airport cost £15. Journey time 10 minutes.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Once again it is the tax that is the real problem!! I had a 6 month contract in Dublin and used RyanAir weekly. My flight ticket was slightly cheaper than a weekly train ticket into London.

We have all been spoilt in the past by other airlines. When I want the "little luxuries" I will pay for it but if not, I will fly with Ryanair. Just hope they dont start doing long-haul......!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                Once again it is the tax that is the real problem!! I had a 6 month contract in Dublin and used RyanAir weekly. My flight ticket was slightly cheaper than a weekly train ticket into London.

We have all been spoilt in the past by other airlines. When I want the "little luxuries" I will pay for it but if not, I will fly with Ryanair. Just hope they dont start doing long-haul......!!
                The "taxes" are the real problem with rock-bottom flight prices. While some airlines may simply conceal part of the price there, others don't, but just charge you exactly what they themselves have to hand over. For example, Easyjet have sometimes made a point of breaking down the taxes and charges in detail, so that you know that they're only passing on charges from government, airports, fuel suppliers, banks, etc. Both Easyjet and Ryanair want to keep the taxes separate, so that you know how much less you could be flying for if the other parties charged you less.

The effect can be impressive: when I fly from Switzerland to England I can fly with Easyjet from Basel-Mulhouse, or with Helvetic from Zurich. Basel-Mulhouse's taxes are about 14 EUR each way, Zurich's are 55 EUR (including 22 EUR "fuel surcharge"). So Helvetic just can't offer prices anything like Easyjet's, not with 110 EUR creamed off by the airport and its partners. Think of that when you ask why the low-price airlines fly from airports in the middle of nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Zurich's are 55 EUR (including 22 EUR "fuel surcharge"). So Helvetic just can't offer prices anything like Easyjet's, not with 110 EUR creamed off by the airport and its partners. Think of that when you ask why the low-price airlines fly from airports in the middle of nowhere!
                  Don't know what you're on about here expat.

The fuel surcharge is "the amount that fuel has gone up since we priced the flight". But they only sold you the flight last week so they should know how much fuel is going to cost them.

A Fuel surcharge is not "some arbitary charge that someone else is charging us that we could avoid by buying somewhere else", but "an arbitary amount of money that we have separated out from the total cost to make our headline ticket price look cheaper".

As to the other costs 'creamed' off by our partners, then that is all part of starting a business. When you are an established player like RA you can employ your own full-time check-in staff, but when you only fly once a day to an airport you have to hire them in locally.

It's called subcontracting. Who are you to say that the amount the subcontractors charge is unreasonable for what they do? Do you know how much it costs to provide half a dozen check in staff for an hour each day and then have to find something else to do with them for the rest of the day?
                  I bet you don't and neither do I. But I do know that I charge my client a hourly rate that everyone else thinks is extortionate but that I think is barely enough to justify the (un)employment risks that I take. If 3-4 GBP a pax is an uncompetitive charge for checking in 200 pax then someone will offer to do it cheaper, the fact that they don't suggests that it bears a reasonable relationship to the actual cost of this task.

Why should the airport services run at a loss just to increase the airlines profits?

tim

Comment

Im wanting to buy shares in what ever company is creaming off the airport taxes. Anyone know who these companies are?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X