• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiger packs up golf for a bit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger packs up golf for a bit

Tiger Woods to take 'indefinite leave' from golf

The man who gave us a new meaning for The Nineteenth Hole is to pack up for a bit, to repair his marriage.

I watch a bit of golf, so this is good news. We'll see a bit more of the other players now, and less of "Tiger watching his opponent prepare for a shot", "Tiger walking down the fairway", "Tiger walking between holes", "Tiger looks at the clouds" and "Tiger eating a banana" which all seems to take up 50% of broadcast time.

We've got Wii console in the office and regularly play golf from cheap Wii Sports CD with lots of games. Since I liked golf (like any director should?) I decided to buy expensive Tiger Woods Golf blah blah blah, tried it once and it's utter tulip: fun level 0 out of 10, Wii Golf on average 9 out of 10 (20 out of 10 when I win).

Comment

When he says golf does he mean golf or "golf" you know, nudge nudge wink wink.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        We've got Wii console in the office and regularly play golf from cheap Wii Sports CD with lots of games. Since I liked golf (like any director should?) I decided to buy expensive Tiger Woods Golf blah blah blah, tried it once and it's utter tulip: fun level 0 out of 10, Wii Golf on average 9 out of 10 (20 out of 10 when I win).
        different strokes for different folks
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If it is Tiger Woods 9, then the putting lets it down big time. Its like the coders gave in on that bit, it just doesn't work and spoils the game since you can't score properly.

Apparantly it is solved in the next version (TW 10), which as a golf fan, I have asked Santa to bring. I think it should be free upgrade since it didn't work in th first place.

Maybe TW11 should include some extra-golf activity built in.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
            If it is Tiger Woods 9, then the putting lets it down big time. Its like the coders gave in on that bit, it just doesn't work and spoils the game since you can't score properly.

Apparantly it is solved in the next version (TW 10), which as a golf fan, I have asked Santa to bring. I think it should be free upgrade since it didn't work in th first place.

Maybe TW11 should include some extra-golf activity built in.
            We've got TW 10 PGA (one that supports supposedly more accurate Wii Motion Plus), I'd love to get rid of it (only "played" it once), it's unpacked though not great present.

It's just not as near as fun as Wii Golf, even though they screwed it up in new Wii Resort.

Comment

We've got TW 10 PGA (one that supports supposedly more accurate Wii Motion Plus), I'd love to get rid of it (only "played" it once), it's unpacked though not great present.

It's just not as near as fun as Wii Golf, even though they screwed it up in new Wii Resort.
              It doesn't bother me that it is unpackaged if like you say you have only played it once. Let me speak to my wife to see if she has already bought it and i'll send you a PM if she is interested. You can provide a reciept right, .

Although your view of TW10 doesn't sound good. Is it something specific.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                Although your view of TW10 doesn't sound good. Is it something specific.
                It's probably great if you like that sort of thing - we (in the office) found it too serious, not good for quick competitive game during the day.

I'll practically give it away to you - drop me PM. It was bought from amazon, this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

You can have it for a tenner, or just buy few rounds at next Brum CUK meetup whenever it happens.

Comment

It's probably great if you like that sort of thing - we (in the office) found it too serious, not good for quick competitive game during the day.

I'll practically give it away to you - drop me PM. It was bought from amazon, this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

You can have it for a tenner, or just buy few rounds at next Brum CUK meetup whenever it happens.
                  Price is fair enough mate. I will have a word with the missus when she gets back as she may have already bought it. Thanks.

Comment

Jack Nicholas got a bit of a slating for saying that he probably would not beat his record of 18 majors, he got it right in saying that to do that you have to overcome things outside golf.

A quick fling could be forgiven but knobing countless dumb blondes when your wife is preggers is unforgiveabable. I hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Comment

Working...
                    X