• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Prince 2 still a sought after commercial skill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Prince 2 still a sought after commercial skill

What do you think. Is it worth getting the certificiation??
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Been thinking the same thing, has been on my tick list for the new year resolution (s).

Comment

I suppose it might help you stand out from the crowd as an addition to your CV, but it certainly won't help you become a competent project manager overnight if that's what you're expecting.

What are you planning to use it for once you've got it?

Comment

Just lie and put it on your CV anyway, the foundation course is common sense IMO
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I think it's only used as a filter. If you don't have any qualification in it then you don't get past the pimp stage. So while having it will not get you a job, not having it will prevent you from getting one
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
            I suppose it might help you stand out from the crowd as an addition to your CV, but it certainly won't help you become a competent project manager overnight if that's what you're expecting.

What are you planning to use it for once you've got it?
            I have project managed several IT projects and the majority have been successful. The failures were managed under an assumed identity .

I am looking to get into the realms of the Programme director (bigger cash).

I have been thinking that Prince, ITIL and eventually an MBA would be the way forward.

I believe in investing in the product (me) but I am unsure if the specific courses are the right ones.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

It is in Denmark.

HTH
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's another string to your bow and will help you get the gig. My last three clients have sought it out but then proceed to break just about every principle, so makes you wonder if its worth getting acredited in first place.

Comment

Its an entry requirement for quite a lot of contracts, particularly in the public sector, so it will definitely help.

I don't advocate lying, but I have noticed that:
                  - I have PRINCE2 accreditation
                  - It's on my CV
                  - No agent or prospective client has ever asked for proof

Which goes to show something about the market. Not entirely sure what it is though....

HTH

XLMonkey, FBCS, MBA, CITP, CIPS, RICS, BA, PhD, PRINCE2, MCSE, MBE, MRSA, CJD, BSE, H5N1
                  Plan A is located just about here.
                  If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Most places seem to still ask for it, so worth having on CV

But everyone of those places i have been or know someone who has been there, don't actually remotely follow it

So if going to get it just exam cram it in, because afterwards you can forget everything as you will never need it again

Comment

Working...
                    X