• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greatest Contractor Ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest Contractor Ever

I think you could say that Red Adair was the Greatest Contractor Ever.

Imagine his day rate in Kuwait during 1991.

More info here.
    Cats are evil.

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I think you could say that Red Adair was the Greatest Contractor Ever.

Imagine his day rate in Kuwait during 1991.

More info here.
    "I'm never bothered by life-insurance salesmen"
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Best. Quote. Ever.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Best. Quote. Ever.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
        +1

W(RA)S
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Best. Quote. Ever.

+2
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I preferred Green Adair.

For those who don't know, or have forgotten, Green Adair left the Irish Fire Brigade, bought a clapped-out 2nd hand Green Goddess off the UK government and went freelance.

When the fires started in Kuwait, he got himself, his mates and his fire engine shipped out on a Hercules.

As it landed and the back opened, Green Adair & mates drove out of the back of the Hercules, whizzed across the desert, straight into a burning oil well.

Green Adair and the boys leapt out, potato sacks in their hands, and beat the flames out.

They wandered back to the airfield and some Merkin General said: "That's fantastic boys. I've never seen anything like it. You're hired. We thought our Red Adair was good, but you're great. Here's a million bucks to start with."

Obviously Green Adair and the lads were well chuffed.

"So," says Green Adair to his boys. "What shall we spend the money on?"

To which Seamus, the driver, said "How about some new brakes for that bloody fire engine?"
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Comment

Best. Quote. Ever.

Words to impart during extension negotiations.

Comment

Now outsourced to Much Raging Petroleum Fire Extinguished with Plenty Cheapness of Bangalore
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

<cough>
                    true story here.

EO was a soldier posted to the remote island of St Kilda, 100 miles off the Scottish coast out into the fierce Atlantic.
                    His job ? radar technician, keeping the radars going to track the Russkis and the missiles firing off of Benbecula. His real job ? to keep the telly working so that the other 29 blokes dont kill him and rip him limb from limb.

So one night the feed from the ariel frayed and young EO is out on the roof for two hours, repairing and re laying the coax. Numbed cold he goes to the puffin bar , six pints and two bags of nuts, then off to the telly room.

Amid hails of abuse, he turns around , drops his kecks, and machine guns them with a wet fart, peanuts pebble dashing the front rank.

the officer commanding, a gunner leuitenant, shouted from the back
                    'FCK ME, even Red Adair coulnt cap THAT b@stard'

cnt

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X