• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency finders fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency finders fee

Was interviewed and secured a contract. Both interviewer and agent mentioned they require another resource. Just so happens i have the ideal candidate. Agency is badgering me for candidates details and if placed will offer me a bottle of Champagne!!

I've checked the agency website and cant see anything about them paying out a finders fee. Is this something i should push an agreement on before forwarding this guys contact details, or just accept the bottle of bubbly!!

JBT

Originally posted by jbt View Post
    Was interviewed and secured a contract. Both interviewer and agent mentioned they require another resource. Just so happens i have the ideal candidate. Agency is badgering me for candidates details and if placed will offer me a bottle of Champagne!!

I've checked the agency website and cant see anything about them paying out a finders fee. Is this something i should push an agreement on before forwarding this guys contact details, or just accept the bottle of bubbly!!

JBT
    If you get the bottle of bubbly, I'll be surprised.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      If you get the bottle of bubbly, I'll be surprised.
      WHS
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

JBT
        just write out an agreement and get them to sign it. You should be getting a case of vintage for that.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

WTS

I was given a case of 12 fine wines for doing this once - a bottle of bubbly seems a bit cheap.

Comment

simples

Charge your candidate one days pay (in cash) as a bung for securing him or her work

( I thought everyone did this?)
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Times are tough you will be told but if you press you might get a bottle of tesco wine put through a soda stream with some dry hair gel on the cork.

Comment

Tell em to stick their bribe where the sun don't shine, and for the sheer impertinence, get your friend on board via another route.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

JBT
                  I've been offered this sort of thing in the past by three or four agents - usually a case of an unspectacular but very decent red - and they always came up with the goods.

On one occasion I wasn't even contracting through the agent and never have. They called me out of the blue about a job, I said I was under contract but gave them the name of someone else and forgot about it. Next thing I know a case is delivered to my house with a note of thanks saying they'd placed the geezer.

Everybody knows there are some genuinely dodgy agents about, but there are some decent ones as well.

Comment

Helped place a couple of people over the years with the promised case of red never appearing, that was in the good old days too when agents (some of them anyway), were half decent.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X