• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some financial questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Be interested to know how much '' renovation" you expect for 50k

I was just using that as an example: we are wondering what level of work we would be happy to take on. Not sure yet just considering the principle at the mo.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

To find an IFA, try http://www.unbiased.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I would avoid airmiles and go with an M&S or supermarket of choice one. I don't use CCards regularly myself but a mate books all his business travel on his M&S card so his food shopping if basically free.

Airmiles never save you as much as you'd hope as you still have to pay the tax on flights, which is a bit of a crippler IMHO.
        An Aussie mate of mine uses his BA Amex to pay for everything - even if he has cash in his pocket down the pub for a small round he'll charge it to get the airmiles. Combined with a Tesco card (points used to purchase BA airmiles) he gets a one-way upgrade to business class to Oz every year.

Comment

Working...
        X