• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting your Money Out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting your Money Out

Ok so we all aspire to have a warchest:

(I must state that I am not in this position: as yet)

but assuming one was....

There is £250K in the warchest.

Is it a good idea to keep this amount of money in the business doing no financial good (low interest etc)

What are the good strategies for getting it out of the business to invest for the future. Obviously if one has paid oneself upto the maximum 25% tax mark then to withdraw the money one is looking at a wopping 40% tax hit.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

its too late now, but.........dont leave it in in the first place

makes you a target imo

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      its too late now, but.........dont leave it in in the first place

makes you a target imo

So do you just take the tax hit then EO????
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Speak to your accountant. With that sort of warchest stuck inside your Ltd it might be worth investigating a long overseas holiday. You will have 10% tax credit if you do pay it out as a divi. If you've got money over and above the lower tax band this year then maybe investigate paying it into a pension. For the money you've already paid corp tax on I'd look at other options.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          So do you just take the tax hit then EO????
          very seldom, my accountant has ways of spreading the good years over the thin
          directors loans etc

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X