• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up the 10% agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plus one other contractor tried this. Other contractor took his exams for EB. We worked out that it could be done on 7.5%. We had very little response from other contractors.

The second idea was to start up a CO-OP like third party project and support company. Each contractor would be a shareholder. Start up would cost about £1000 per contractor.

If anything gets off the ground; I do have some empty offices.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Great idea, who's going to do the marketing and selling?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Great idea, who's going to do the marketing and selling?
        It will be outsourced to an Indian company
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

why not form a co-op and bid for govt. contracts. We can undercut big 4.
          There are millions to be made there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            why not form a co-op and bid for govt. contracts. We can undercut big 4.
            This is based on the assumption that Govt makes decision solely on price of contract offered...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              This is based on the assumption that Govt makes decision solely on price of contract offered...
              The incentive in government contracts is to award the civil servant with a directorship or a “consulting” position upon retirement. We could also do this but find some way of removing him…

Comment

A co-op or an enterprise. I say let's fight back. I say let's have unique selling point of UK based IT experts not just cheap bums on seats.

As for who does the marketting and selling.

Marketting those of the organisation (us) who can market do.

As for the selling well we employ an agent/poach a good agent we know.

They know the game but work under a strict code of conduct set out in the terms of employment.

No BS no lying just plain english and honesty (another USP).

This kind of approach works for Natwest and it can work for the IT Contract sector, and what better way to highlight the plight of IT in UK Plc. It seems a really good way of naming and shaming UK companies..

Just my thoughts.

Let's make this happen, I am happy to give my time to it.

Who else?
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

<tumbleweed/>

<wandering about, bored, humming/>

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                    Ok here is the deal.

We set up the CUK agency, we all work through that agency.

The agency charges 10% for running costs on a flat rate for all contracts from the client.

Any money left over at the end of the year is put up for a CUK ball in a major city (rotating each year).

I am semi-serious, why not, with enough contractors we would be a major player in the market.

What do you think
                    I like it. But I'd rather it was set up to turn a profit. If the idea is not for it to actually retain the profit, then after putting money back in to provide liquidity for payments & growth (and a big party), why not give the profits back to those who work through it?

In all seriousness, I have a long-term plan B to do something in the recruitment/agency sphere. But no money to invest (yet)
                    Last edited by d000hg; 13 January 2010, 17:00.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I like it. But I'd rather it was set up to turn a profit. If the idea is not for it to actually retain the profit, then after putting money back in to provide liquidity for payments & growth (and a big party), why not give the profits back to those who work through it?
                      if it is a co-op then that is the way it will work.

But if you employ the best pimps in town then you won't have loads of money left. But you will have a lot more UK contractors represented vigourously in the market.

Comment

Working...
                      X