• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now this is REAL indicator that the Recession is coming to an end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Whoever wrote that is away with the fairies in cloud cuckoo land.

The unemployed do not buy newspapers; they read them in the Job Centre or the Library or the Job Club.

The unemployed do not need to go to retail outlets to use their laptop. They use the terminals in the Job Centre, the PCs in the Library, the PCs in the Job Club or, most likely, their PC at home.

The unemployed do not sit in coffee shops buying coffee. They sit in Wetherspoons drinking lager.
    That was almost akin to Brad Pitt dishing out the rules in Fight Club

"First rule of Job Club, you don't talk about Job Club"

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Whoever wrote that is away with the fairies in cloud cuckoo land.

The unemployed do not buy newspapers; they read them in the Job Centre or the Library or the Job Club.

The unemployed do not need to go to retail outlets to use their laptop. They use the terminals in the Job Centre, the PCs in the Library, the PCs in the Job Club or, most likely, their PC at home.

The unemployed do not sit in coffee shops buying coffee. They sit in Wetherspoons drinking lager.
      Perhaps that's what they do in Sheffield, or Leeds - but in London and Edinburgh, unemployment is an unpaid holiday.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The long term unemployed do not sit in Wetherspoons drinking lager. They buy a two litre bottle of cheap lager and a two litre bottle of cider.

The only cheaper way to get pissed quickly will also make you blind

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And he long long long term unemployed end up moving to Yorkshire...

You're were lucky... we had a stay on the street we were that poor.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Perhaps that's what they do in Sheffield, or Leeds - but in London and Edinburgh, unemployment is an unpaid holiday.
            They must have posh unemployed in the capitals.

Actually, round here, the unemployed (which seems to be most people) seem to just walk the streets pushing push chairs and making polite conversation. This takes two forms, the blokes and the slags.

"Awwight Dave?"
            "I'm awwight. You awwight?"
            "Yeah."
            "Still training?"
            "Yeah. You?"
            "Nah. Give it up. You know."
            "Yeah. Shell awwight?"
            "Yeah, she's awwight."
            "See yer then."
            "Yeah, see yer."

I hear that polite discourse replayed 10 or 20 times when I go into town to sign on. Then there's the other one:

"Awwight Shell?"
            "Eh?"
            "You awwight?"
            "Wot ovvit?"
            "Jus' askin' like."
            "Well, don't, awwight?"
            "Awwight, no need to get all arsey like."
            "I'm not arsey, awwight?"
            "Awwight. How's Dave?"
            "Don't talk to me about that <gentleman>."
            "Still up to 'is old tricks?"
            "Never <copulating> stopped, did 'e?"
            "S'pose not. Gizza fag."
            "'Ere yar."
            "Ta. See ya."
            "Yeah. See ya."

I think the slags are a bit harder than the blokes round here. They need to be to hold a fag, push a push chair laden with shopping (with a child underneath), drag one snotty nosed wailing kid and slap another whining kid round the head all at the same time. Whilst pregnant.

The manufacturing industry of the Midlands is alive and well and making babies, and thereby generating wealth.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

RC, how is the job hunting going?

I really can't believe that you don't have a job.

Your skillset PM yes? If I hear of anything I will PM you
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
              X