• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had an Interview with the Indians at one of the Indian IT Empires ,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    No worries.
    hehe , thanks RC , that is the most action I had in months, haha.

Comment

only works one way

try doing the opposite. Go to India and set up a company only giving jobs to white Brits. You would probably end up in jail. Would certainly be booted out of the country. The UK is not prepared to protect its own people.
      Contract Tester
      "I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted" George Best - 1946 - 2005

Comment

Originally posted by ContractTester View Post
        try doing the opposite. Go to India and set up a company only giving jobs to white Brits. You would probably end up in jail. Would certainly be bankrupt after a couple of months having to pay 20x the local going rate.
        FTFY
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          Got a call back later that day a couple of days before I was due to start, he'd been talking to the finance guys and they couldn't pay the rate they'd offered, so they were going to hire a fresh graduate for 1/3 of the money. A fresh grad for 1/3 of an OKish rate to pretty much single handedly program their flagship project cementing a possibly lucrative new relationship with Microsoft... Good luck...
          And they wonder why projects go wrong?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Lets hope their penny pinching kills their market. Last thing we want is well known IT consulting and car manufacturers developing MS Office, oh wait they may have done that someone must understand that blasted ribbon.

I had an exit interview (there is a good chance of you being hired give us all your CVs and we will interview next week) with the incoming Indians as far as I could see it was a CV gathering exercise so they could nick the best bits for their "consultants" and probably hassle my ex employers. If I'd known I'd have added my expertise in Syphillis 4.6 and BSBingo 1.01.

Lets hope it never happens under the tories and the B'liar effect means we get 'call me dave'.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Lets hope it never happens under the tories and the B'liar effect means we get 'call me dave'.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The Bob that sits close to me gets relentlessly bullied by his UK manager, it is a small victory but I do quite enjoy hearing it.

Comment

I’ve had more than 20 years in IT now, most of them as a contractor. I’ve worked with people from all over the place. Nearly all of the Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans have been first class. I’ve had useful colleagues from places like Iran and Iraq. Some very handy Germans, Irish, Chinese, Nigerians, Danes, Swedes, Italians, Spaniards and Greeks. A near genius Turk and plenty of decent British Indians and Pakistanis but I’ve honestly never worked with an Indian national that I would class as much more than “adequate”.

For the life of me I cannot understand how such a mediocre bunch have managed to colonise the global IT market so successfully.

Comment

Working...
                  X