• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had an Interview with the Indians at one of the Indian IT Empires ,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an Interview with the Indians at one of the Indian IT Empires ,

should I bother to share details ? I think there were already some threads on the subject. Five blown interviews already this year for me ...
    Last edited by newblood; 27 January 2010, 19:01.

Originally posted by newblood View Post

should I bother to share details ? I think there were already some threads on the subject. Five blown interview already this year for me ...
    'evening Bob!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I worked on NHS Spine for 30 months on a certain set of apps, SDS, ETP, GAZ, EPR, SASS, SCUD for those ITK, I know them like the back of my hand...

Anyway, culled in the Great BT Contractor Cull of March 2009, got an interview for a contract on same apps, but this time for Mastek, BT's offshore development people. Interview was a piece of pîss, guy asked for Mastek Developers I worked with, gave him two names, these two lads called me back and said they'd had a call, praised me etc, etc, great guy, etc. etc...

Didn't get it, not experienced enough apparently....

And, was half the pre-cull rate, less in fact, was on 420, this was 180....

And the guy who got is.....?

Guess which nationality?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I worked on NHS Spine for 30 months on a certain set of apps, SDS, ETP, GAZ, EPR, SASS, SCUD for those ITK, I know them like the back of my hand...

Anyway, culled in the Great BT Contractor Cull of March 2009, got an interview for a contract on same apps, but this time for Mastek, BT's offshore development people. Interview was a piece of pîss, guy asked for Mastek Developers I worked with, gave him two names, these two lads called me back and said they'd had a call, praised me etc, etc, great guy, etc. etc...

Guess which nationality?
        Indian, innit?

Comment

should I bother to share details?
          Yes. Otherwise we cannot help.

Your CV must be good and our application strategy must be good since you are getting interviews. That is all good stuff.

But what is going wrong at the interviews?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Guess which nationality?
            Have you contacted PCG about this, great example of the ICT transfer scheme being abused, espically if the guy who got the role has no clue of the apps. Get in touch with malvolio.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Yes. Otherwise we cannot help.

Your CV must be good and our application strategy must be good since you are getting interviews. That is all good stuff.

But what is going wrong at the interviews?
              Some other time RC , not in the mood.

I won't be getting this last one with the Indians , most likely because I am not an indian, since technical knowledge - the problem not is.

But this is a two way street. On Odesk I am the chief. When I get my projects on there , I will be the guy saying who lives and who dies.
              Last edited by newblood; 27 January 2010, 18:23.

Comment

I won't be getting this last one with the Indians , most likely because I am not an indian, since technical knowledge - the problem not is.

But this is a two way street. On Odesk I am the chief. When I get my projects on there , I will be the guy saying who lives and who dies.
                Not bitter then, eh?

Comment

No worries.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I had an interview with HCL. They were offering an OKish rate and gave me a phone interview to a couple of their guys in India and between the bad line and the thick accents I could hardly make out a word. I gave answers to the questions I thought they were asking (pretty simple .net stuff) and after 10 minutes they thanked me for my time so I pretty much wrote off my chances.

A few days later I got the call "Congratulations! Your interview was successful, can you come to our offices and meet me in person." so I went to their offices and met the HR guy who told me about their project, a flagship first project for Microsoft, if this was successful a lot more work would be coming from that direction. I'd probably be starting a week on Monday, he'd email the next day with my contract etc.

So the next day, nothing, or the day after... So I called the guy a few times, no answer. After the weekend, no one taking calls. This was New Year's Eve,
                    after new year called again, no answer.

Got a call back later that day a couple of days before I was due to start, he'd been talking to the finance guys and they couldn't pay the rate they'd offered, so they were going to hire a fresh graduate for 1/3 of the money. A fresh grad for 1/3 of an OKish rate to pretty much single handedly program their flagship project cementing a possibly lucrative new relationship with Microsoft... Good luck...

Comment

Working...
                    X