• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran, should we invade?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if we don't invade, or do something, and they build a bomb, and they bomb israel off the face of the earth, like i'madinnerjacket wants to, is that OK?

I mean, it's not like it's any of our business or anything...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      We are talking about your basic atom bomb, rather than something more esoteric.

It took the French knocking on for 20 years* to get their fusion bombs to go pop properly.

*and an awful lot of testing.
      Yep, you've got to know *where* to hit it and what sort of hammer to use...

Comment

That'd be the last thing he ever attempted.

The Israelis have got more than we have.
        You're probably right.

I guess my point was, we are already involved because of the international political and diplomatic situation.

Comment

So if we don't invade, or do something, and they build a bomb, and they bomb israel off the face of the earth, like i'madinnerjacket wants to, is that OK?
          You have got to be joking right? You actually believe the s**t that comes out of the media? Iran aint going to go to war with anybody let alone Nuke anybody. I am no defender of Ahmedinijad but he had his words twisted by the media. Go back to them and do some research for a change. He said Israel would be taken off the map in a similar way to the USSR. Or is it you don't know the difference between a Map and the planet Earth?

Comment

We are talking about your basic atom bomb, rather than something more esoteric.

It took the French knocking on for 20 years* to get their fusion bombs to go pop properly.

*and an awful lot of testing.
            A modern basic fission bomb is somewhat different than the early efforts. The shape of the material, layout of explosives etc is quite different, which is why they are smaller and use less material. It simply wouldn't make sense to build an old fashioned design first and then start again on a modern design.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              You have got to be joking right? You actually believe the s**t that comes out of the media? Iran aint going to go to war with anybody let alone Nuke anybody. I am no defender of Ahmedinijad but he had his words twisted by the media. Go back to them and do some research for a change. He said Israel would be taken off the map in a similar way to the USSR. Or is it you don't know the difference between a Map and the planet Earth?
              In the prediction of the CIA

"...an inexorable movement away from a two-state to a one-state solution, as the most viable model based on democratic principles of full equality that sheds the looming specter of colonial apartheid while allowing for the return of the 1947/1948 and 1967 refugees. The latter being the precondition for sustainable peace in the region..."
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You have got to be joking right? You actually believe the s**t that comes out of the media?
                You have made a valid point. As your posts are so balanced and rational, I'll believe you instead...

Comment

You have made a valid point. As your posts are so balanced and rational, I'll believe you instead...
                  well unlike you I have actually done some research into what he actually said to see if the media was actually lying. And it turns out they were. Murdoch and co can send out whatever message they want and it seems there are a lot of fools around to accept it.

Also do you actually know the difference between a map and the planet Earth?

Comment

Also do you actually know the difference between a map and the planet Earth?
                    I'll take that as a rhetorical question posted to garner a jocular response. OK, I'll bite;

'yes i do, i can't fit the planet earth in my pocket'.

I notice an aggressiveness in your posts, are you not getting any?

Comment

If you want to worry about nuclear war, worry about India and Pakistan. Far more likely to actually happen and they have enough nukes between them to cause a nuclear winter that would see billions starve to death.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X