• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran, should we invade?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I'll take that as a rhetorical question posted to garner a jocular response. OK, I'll bite;

'yes i do, i can't fit the planet earth in my pocket'.

I notice an aggressiveness in your posts, are you not getting any?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      If you want to worry about nuclear war, worry about India and Pakistan. Far more likely to actually happen and they have enough nukes between them to cause a nuclear winter that would see billions starve to death.
      The money that they spend on developing the weapons in the first place has caused many to starve to death.

Somewhat ironic that a country that can spend millions developing nuclear weapons can't feed its own people.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        The money that they spend on developing the weapons in the first place has caused many to starve to death.

Somewhat ironic that a country that can spend millions developing nuclear weapons can't feed its own people.
        This is true. The quote goes something like "we will build them even if we have to eat grass"

I am glad I don't live there.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Why would they when they have international development aid on the table?
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I don't blame them. If I were in the situation this is what I would be thinking:
            - US in Iraq to the west
            - US in Afghanistan to the East
            - US bases in kazakhstan, Turkey, Saudi, Kuwait (all surounding countries)
            - US the only country ever to use a Nuke
            - US invaded Iraq and it had no WMD (maybe it should have to defend itself)
            - hmmm maybe we need a Nuke to deter these guys surrounding us
            - if we don't then our fate may end up like Iraq.....

No Comprende?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I don't blame them. If I were in the situation this is what I would be thinking:
              - US in Iraq to the west
              - US in Afghanistan to the East
              - US bases in kazakhstan, Turkey, Saudi, Kuwait (all surounding countries)
              - US the only country ever to use a Nuke
              - US invaded Iraq and it had no WMD (maybe it should have to defend itself)
              - hmmm maybe we need a Nuke to deter these guys surrounding us
              - if we don't then our fate may end up like Iraq.....

No Comprende?
              If we're talking about India, why haven't you mentioned China which is the real reason for India's weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranian Nuclear Politics: Change of Tactics or Strategy
                The main nuclear debate in the Iranian leadership is over what kind of latent indigenous nuclear capability Iran should possess.
                * Former President Mohammad Khatami, former secretary of the Supreme National Security Council Hasan Rowhani and the head of the Expedient Council, Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, have been the most prominent advocates of a capability which could enable Iran to construct only a limited nuclear arsenal over the next decade. They saw this as a means of strengthening Iran’s deterrent capability vis-à-vis the West. Rowhani’s report to Khatami on the nuclear negotiations with the EU made clear that Iranian leaders entered the talks with the EU because of their fear of US attack and not because they were prepared to give up Iran’s nuclear programme in return for economic concessions. Indeed, they saw the nuclear programme as the regime’s main insurance policy, which would guarantee its survival.
                * Prominent opponents of this triumvirate, led by the current secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, Ali Larijani and the head of the Atomic Energy Organization, Gholamreza Aqazadeh, who were most probably supported by Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamene’i, have been intent upon constructing a larger, industrial scale, nuclear capability which would enable Iran to produce much greater quantities of weapons grade material. This policy is closely intertwined with Khamene'i's preferred grand strategy which is aimed at establishing Iran as the dominant power in the Persian Gulf and reducing US influence in Eurasia. This strategy gained increasing support from late 2004 onwards and the EU’s and US’ opposition to indigenous Iranian enrichment and Mahmud Ahmadinezhad’s victory in the Iranian presidential elections enabled proponents of this strategy to begin to implement it.
                The above was written by Dr Babak Ganji for the "Conflict Studies Research Centre" part of the MOD College at Shrivenham.

Comment

The above was written by Dr Babak Ganji for the "Conflict Studies Research Centre" part of the MOD College at Shrivenham.
                  But of course after we invade we’ll find out that Dr Ganji’s actually a provincial taxi driver who says he has a mate who overheard a conversation in his taxi and then told MI5 about it.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You are better off listening to a taxi driver. This guy is full of lies and propaganda.

Babak Ganji,
                    “Iran and Israel: Asymmetric Warfare and Regional Strategy,”

http://www.defac.ac.uk/colleges/csrc...%2849%29BG.pdf
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Starting to sound very familiar

anybody know the way to WWIII
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X