• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leather Jacket on interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The world's favourite redneck DBA has this article about how to dress for success.

And yes, he is being serious. This is a guy who has written numerous books on Oracle

But nobody takes any of his Oracle books seriously, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm Richard Branson all the way on this one. I've not worn a tie for the last 5 years, and feel a lot more confident without it.
      Richard Branson is a famous billionaire tycoon who does not wear ties. He does not go to interviews either.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by BenchMaster View Post
        But nobody takes any of his Oracle books seriously, do they?
        I believe that Jonathan Lewis takes his books seriously (bad).
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          The world's favourite redneck DBA has this article about how to dress for success.

And yes, he is being serious. This is a guy who has written numerous books on Oracle
          In particular this point, should make some interesting basic instinct moments

Dress Code for Female Consultants:

I'm not trying to be a chauvinist here, but many of our client organizations have standards for professional appearance, and it's better to be safe than to be embarrassed.

* Skirt Suit - No pants allowed, ever
          Obviously something lost in translation

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
            In particular this point, should make some interesting basic instinct moments

Obviously something lost in translation
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Dark blue suit white shirt combo is the least likely to offend in business.
              Indeed, and get's shown the door here at BGG Industries.

I want to see someone wear something that highlights their willingness not to confirm. Not to "play it safe" and "fit in".
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X