• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the different in ideology between the big 3 parties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Labour: Government knows best - legislate with sticks
    Cons: Individuals know best - legislate with carrots
    Lib Dems: Bit of both.

Lib Dems were created out a lack of centrist party in the UK and are increasingly irrelevant since the big two have become more populist/centrist.
    There's yer ideology in a nutshell (also see accounting, above).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If you don't know the difference by now, I'm sorry, but you are too stupid to be allowed to vote and affect other peoples lives.

There should be a test at the polling station and all cretins turned away.

HTH
      Wouldn't it be discrimination to just turn away all the Labour voters?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Wouldn't it be discrimination to just turn away all the Labour voters?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you don't know the difference by now, I'm sorry, but you are too stupid to be allowed to vote and affect other peoples lives.

There should be a test at the polling station and all cretins turned away.

HTH
          Oh I think I know, how about you mouth almighty. How about you stop the constant critique of others and plant your flag.

I will start you off, if that helps one so dim as you.

What is the IDEOLOGICAL (hint ) difference between the parties on

Social Care
          Health
          Education
          Crime and Punishment.

Now try not to focus on policy, we are talking about ideas here
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            There's yer ideology in a nutshell (also see accounting, above).
            I think that is again a policy issue. The policies are very different I will grant you.

The ideas behind these are the same I would suggest.

All parties want an NHS, all want social care at home, all want privatised industry, all want roughly the same on Crime and Punishment.

Thatcher based her reign (of terror to some) on big ideas.

That is now no longer the case. Politics is bereft of ideas. An MP is now the lackie of the executive and not a member of the body that holds the executive to account.

And parties focus on a very small number of key swing voters that will sweep them into power.

Politics is dead. How we spend our money is now much more important in terms of effects on our lives.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Moscow Mule - pretty much captures the opposing ideologies.

DimPrawn - quite correctly castigates anyone for not knowing by now.

BlackenedBiker - You appear to be tieing yourself up in knots there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                I think that is again a policy issue. The policies are very different I will grant you.

The ideas behind these are the same I would suggest.

All parties want an NHS, all want social care at home, all want privatised industry, all want roughly the same on Crime and Punishment.

Thatcher based her reign (of terror to some) on big ideas.

That is now no longer the case. Politics is bereft of ideas. An MP is now the lackie of the executive and not a member of the body that holds the executive to account.

And parties focus on a very small number of key swing voters that will sweep them into power.

Politics is dead. How we spend our money is now much more important in terms of effects on our lives.
                Politics has evolved. We don't need to have a debate about NHS .vs. no NHS et al, cos we did that already and reached a consensus. The differences are much more subtle these days because they are filling in the details.

This is also why most people don't vote. It just isn't that important what colour curtains they have in the job centre.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The point about accounting is a fair reflection, but ideologically, the point about individual versus collective is more like it.

There is also this:

Tories: Encourage the top and they'll pull everyone up with them

Labour: Encourage the bottom and they'll push everyone up with them

Now, if the greasy pole were a piece of string, I've spotted a flaw in one of these parties...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Politics has evolved. We don't need to have a debate about NHS .vs. no NHS et al, cos we did that already and reached a consensus.
                    Labour in the pre Nuliebor days used to tell us what they really believed in, and they got hammered by the Tory press and then in the election.

The Tories told us what they really thought on the NHS in the last couple of elections and got hammered. This time round the Tories are telling us what the 'focus' groups have said we want to hear, I don't believe their views on the NHS have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                      Labour in the pre Nuliebor days used to tell us what they really believed in, and they got hammered by the Tory press and then in the election.

The Tories told us what they really thought on the NHS in the last couple of elections and got hammered. This time round the Tories are telling us what the 'focus' groups have said we want to hear, I don't believe their views on the NHS have changed.
                      Yes, but the differences are in the size and cost. No one is suggesting that we get rid of it altogether.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X