• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the different in ideology between the big 3 parties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    No there are not. On every major issue they have each turned about and stolen each other's policies repeatedly. Only those mired in blind dogma can't see that.
    This thread is about ideology, not policy. The concepts are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      No tulip Sherlock.

What good is idealogy if you abandon it in favour of political gain whenever it suits you?

Comment

No tulip Sherlock.

What good is idealogy if you abandon it in favour of political gain whenever it suits you?
        Good? Not much.

Handy for us public to identify charlatans though...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No there are not. On every major issue they have each turned about and stolen each other's policies repeatedly. Only those mired in blind dogma can't see that.
          The ideologies are clearly different. How they are expressed in terms of activities and policies is where the confusion lies. For example Tories would naturally believe in there not being a necessity to have a health service, yet politically they know that to not support the NHS would be a disaster. Likewise labour hate business yet they know that without it they would have no money to "share".
          Ultimately neither party can completely disguise its true colurs. For example as seen in Tory attitudes to inheritance tax (abolish it) and labour not being able to help itself from taxing for example freelancers out of business. freelancers to labour are the anti christ, yet to the Tories they are the embodiment of Conservatism. And because freelance IT people are such a minority neither party will moderate its ideologies in their dealings with them.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 24 February 2010, 23:42.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            The ideologies are clearly different. How they are expressed in terms of activities and policies is where the confusion lies. For example Tories would naturally believe in there not being a necessity to have a health service, yet politically they know that to not support the NHS would be a disaster. Likewise labour hate business yet they know that without it they would have no money to "share".
            Ultimately they cannot completely describe their true colurs such as Tory attitudes to inheritance tax (abolish it) and labour not being able to help itself from taxing for example freelancers out of business. freelancers to labour are the anti christ, yet to the Tories they are the embodiment of Conservatism. And because freelance IT people are such a minority neither party will moderate its ideologies for or against them.
            So I think we are in agreement. There is no point in voting on the basis of idealogy because the parties ignore it and persue political expediency. This leads to the ludicrous situation where both parties have both supported and opposed ID cards (just to take one example) as it suited them.

Comment

So I think we are in agreement. There is no point in voting on the basis of idealogy because the parties ignore it and persue political expediency. This leads to the ludicrous situation where both parties have both supported and opposed ID cards (just to take one example) as it suited them.
              Then you vote on issues of trust and competence, in other words anything to get rid of labour.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Then you vote on issues of trust and competence, in other words anything to get rid of labour.
                Can't argue with you on that, the country needs a change. I suspect where we would part company is that I felt the same in 1997, wheras you and a majority on here would perhaps prefer a one-party Tory state.

Comment

Can't argue with you on that, the country needs a change. I suspect where we would part company is that I felt the same in 1997, wheras you and a majority on here would perhaps prefer a one-party Tory state.
                  Oh dear

Comment

Originally Posted by Doggy Styles

No tulip Sherlock.
                    Nevertheless, it's a point that went right over your head, not that you'd admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      Originally Posted by Doggy Styles

Nevertheless, it's a point that went right over your head, not that you'd admit it.
                      I see; (or according to you, I don't) what a shame you are so unpleasant.

Comment

Working...
                      X