• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why people are skeptical about Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why people are skeptical about Global Warming

I'll be honest, I don't really give a toss about the scientific arguments. However, there would seem to be some serious vested interests at stake.

World Wide Fund for Nature could make $60bn selling carbon credits
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't really give a toss about the scientific arguments. However, there would seem to be some serious vested interests at stake.

I can't say I'm at all surprised.

Comment

Other carbon offsetting schemes run by airlines are a big con. Radio Four exposed this last year. The money gets spent on administration and third world farmers who plant the trees have great difficulty in being paid and sometimes don't get paid at all.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Global warming is a side issue, a symptom of a greater disease. The problem is population and the increase in standards of living picking up pace worldwide. Mix exponential growth with finite resources and you have an unavoidable and spectacular end. And everything looks fine until just before things goes bang. At some stage, probably not far off, zero or negative growth is a mathematical certainty if we don't have a spectacular collapse before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Global warming is a side issue, a symptom of a greater disease. The problem is population and the increase in standards of living picking up pace worldwide. Mix exponential growth with finite resources and you have an unavoidable and spectacular end. And everything looks fine until just before things goes bang. At some stage, probably not far off, zero or negative growth is a mathematical certainty if we don't have a spectacular collapse before hand.
          Quite so. The sad thing is that even relatively intelligent people seem to take an irrational position on man-made global warming, based on rubbishing and opposing whichever "side" of the "fight" they dislike most. The "sapiens" bit is hubris!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The resource wars should be starting anytime now.
            Yeh, SASguru has bought up all the houses and we want em back.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I don't think that anyone is covering up the fact that Nature is the intended beneficiary of a concerted effort by scientists to draw Humanity's attention to the damage which Humanity is doing to Nature.

This is like saying...

I don't really give a toss about Sports Relief. However, there would seem to be some serious vested interests at stake.

A link to an African hospital for children with HIV

Comment

As an exercise, try find the flaw in that argument here

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html

It may help for clearer thinking in the future, although I won't hold my breath.

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think most skepticism arise from the politicalisation of the issues.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's all down to cows producing methane. I don't care if this contributes to global warming as I like my meat too much. End of discussion.
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X