• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

to offer healthy option cooking advice in AIBU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to offer healthy option cooking advice in AIBU?

Originally posted by Coco-Chantelle View Post
    Okay girls,
    perhaps I got off on the wrong foot yesterday, but by way of making amends I am going to share a simple wholesome recipe with you all today. It was remiss of me to assume that everyone has the culinary grounding I have had, and I must try and remember that many are struggling with a tight budget. So.....today's easy recipe is:-

Sweet Potato and Parsnip Soup

Peel and cube the sweet potato and parsnips and place in a large saucepan with some oxo stock and bring slowly to the boil. Add in some coconut milk, garlic, grated root ginger, coriander, and black pepper. Allow to simmer until the parsnips and sweet potatoes have gone soft and, if you are feeling a bit naughty, a few dashes of Ricard. At this point you can remove it from the heat and blend it for a creamy filling meal. If you want to bulk it up a bit then it is an ideal way to use up that leftover venison/brisket/Lamb from the Sunday roast. Lovely. The hubby, kids and I like nothing more than dunking our hot butter-laden crusty bloomers into a piping hot bowl of this nectar, and rememberthere is never any waste because what doesn't get eaten can be frozen in a tupperware container for next time.
    Quick and easy to prepare they will be crying out for more. Go on, give it a try.

Now at 324 replies and it's still going!!!!
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 31 March 2010, 06:21.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

A lot of them seem more irritated at the fact I made a sweeping generalisation about some of them being "workshy gutbuckets" in the previous thread about "feeding crap to children". Must have resonated with a few.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Now at 324 replies and it's still going!!!!
      MF, reposting that here may well make it google-able, which would lead them back to us

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        MF, reposting that here may well make it google-able, which would lead them back to me. Coco!
        FTFY

Comment

by coco chantelle
          Okay girls,
          perhaps I got off on the wrong foot yesterday, but by way of making amends I am going to share a simple wholesome recipe with you all today. It was remiss of me to assume that everyone has the culinary grounding I have had, and I must try and remember that many are struggling with a tight budget. So.....today's easy recipe is:-

Peel and cube the sweet potato and parsnips and place in a large saucepan with some oxo stock and bring slowly to the boil. Add in some coconut milk, garlic, grated root ginger, coriander, and black pepper. Allow to simmer until the parsnips and sweet potatoes have gone soft and, if you are feeling a bit naughty, a few dashes of Ricard. At this point you can remove it from the heat and blend it for a creamy filling meal. If you want to bulk it up a bit then it is an ideal way to use up that leftover venison/brisket/Lamb from the Sunday roast. Lovely. The hubby, kids and I like nothing more than dunking our hot butter-laden crusty bloomers into a piping hot bowl of this nectar, and remember there is never any waste because what doesn't get eaten can be frozen in a tupperware container for next time.
          Quick and easy to prepare they will be crying out for more. Go on, give it a try.

Over 5 years since, the best CUK crafted troll post ever from a CUK poster on a summer holiday. A holiday so momentous Admin was contacted by the admin of another site, Shaunbhoy had to hoover someones house naked, and NickFitz got his first chance of a blowjob from a real woman in the last 30 years.

I feel a summer holiday coming on (especially as we've all just been shafted by George).

Comment

Over 5 years since, the best CUK crafted troll post ever from a CUK poster on a summer holiday. A holiday so momentous Admin was contacted by the admin of another site, Shaunbhoy had to hoover someones house naked, and NickFitz got his first chance of a blowjob from a real woman in the last 30 years.

I feel a summer holiday coming on (especially as we've all just been shafted by George).
            You are too kind MF. Halcyon days indeed. And all done in the best posssssible taste!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Says the one who parted with real money by way of compensation

I never did get banned

Comment

AFAIK fondlife is still allowed to post. I think I can still go caravaning too

Comment

"by coco chantelle
                  Okay girls,

Peel and cube the sweet potato and parsnips and place in a large saucepan with some oxo stock and bring slowly to the boil. Add in some coconut milk, garlic, grated root ginger, coriander, and black pepper. Allow to simmer until the parsnips and sweet potatoes have gone soft and, if you are feeling a bit naughty, a few dashes of Ricard. At this point you can remove it from the heat and blend it for a creamy filling meal. If you want to bulk it up a bit then it is an ideal way to use up that leftover venison/brisket/Lamb from the Sunday roast. Lovely. The hubby, kids and I like nothing more than dunking our hot butter-laden crusty bloomers into a piping hot bowl of this nectar, and remember there is never any waste because what doesn't get eaten can be frozen in a tupperware container for next time.
                  Quick and easy to prepare they will be crying out for more. Go on, give it a try."

Still my favourite troll post of all time on the internet is this one.

I've just seen someone start something similar on a local facebook group. The first an easy pull in about the best place to buy cling film in the local shops. Then followed up with wealthy people liking volavants! LOL. I'm biting.

A little Coco chantelle is coming. Shaunbhoy have you moved up my way. LOL

Comment

Here he is...

... the git who revives old threads

Comment

Working...
                    X