• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professor Phil Jones exonerated.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke
    It's meant to be a science site right? You know, objective.... balanced ....
    In the same way that Psyhcoanalysis is a medical therapy.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Good summary of the current state of climate science:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/03/31/18010/

Watts and other climate sceptics are well aware that the winter ice doesn't vary much at this time of year, the article on Watt's site just needs to be read even superficially to understand the conclusions, though reading sceptic articles properly seems to be a major failing of climate scientists, they always respond by spewing out out of date verbage that everyone's already read ad nauseum...lets review this in September.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 April 2010, 10:36.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        I used to believe this stuff as well, though I was always puzzled by the argument that the climate should change for the worse, why not for the better, how could they be so sure? When the earth was much hotter wasn't covered in lucious forests that could support animals the size of two semi-detached houses. Then I read the argument on sun spots and noted the sun spot activity was at historically high levels, how could they simply ignore it, and then lo and behold the sunpots disappear and guess what, all over the Northern Hemisphere coldest temperatures on record are noted and even Phil Jones notes the temperature has dropped slightly.

Still each to his own.

Surely a climate scientist should have a more open mind.
        I believe I said that temperatures would drop due to sunspots a couple of years ago...

Linky

Looks like I was right

Comment

Psssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The CUK idiots come out in force and are bested by one rational guy on his own.
          Not a good showing.

Who's got the plastic sheet for this mass bedwetting?
          Suityou!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            one rational guy on his own.
            sasguru teams up with pjclarke. A veritable "Dream Team" of muddleheaded confusion.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              sasguru teams up with pjclarke. A veritable "Dream Team" of muddleheaded confusion.
              I'd feel reasonably safe in laying a cash bet that pjclarke is an guru sockie.

Admittedly it's impossible to prove one way or another so my money is safe

Comment

I believe I said that temperatures would drop due to sunspots a couple of years ago...Looks like I was right
                er, the prediction dates from Feb 2008, since then http://woodfortrees.org/plot/uah/fro...m:2008.1/trend

The solar cycle is indeed coming out of its minimum, and it does indeed influence global temperatures (with a lag of about 1/4 cycle) estimated at 0.1C - 0.2C peak to trough.

Which makes the recent record-breaking warm global temperatures all the more remarkable....

Of course, a warm globe is not evidence of global warming, not around here
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  er, the prediction dates from Feb 2008, since then http://woodfortrees.org/plot/uah/fro...m:2008.1/trend

The solar cycle is indeed coming out of its minimum, and it does indeed influence global temperatures (with a lag of about 1/4 cycle) estimated at 0.1C - 0.2C peak to trough.

Which makes the recent record-breaking warm global temperatures all the more remarkable....

Of course, a warm globe is not evidence of global warming, not around here
                  I still don't care. I'm thinking of buying a V8.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    I'd feel reasonably safe in laying a cash bet that pjclarke is an guru sockie.
                    And there we have the root of your problem: the pathetic lack of judgement that shows up in all your posts and is the root cause of the lack of value added.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      And there we have the root of your problem: the pathetic lack of judgement that shows up in all your posts and is the root cause of the lack of value added.

HTH
                      Cretin
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X