• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best country to buy property for capital appreciation...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Zimbabwe is not cheap anymore. Apparently a property costs a few trillions

buy a property in afghanistan and grow opium in your backyard
    Not much money in it really. Very cheap to buy opium in Afghan. The price on the street in London is ~17000% what it is to buy direct from the manufacturer.

The money to be made is in transportation and distribution.

HTH
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Any ideas?
      I still favour Germany, Berlin in particular.
      For the capital of the most prosperous country in Europe, property is dirt cheap. That's because there's not much industry/large cos yet, but I think that will change.
      I was going to invest in Berlin around about the time the recession started as developers were talking up the city but when I looked into it, it didn't stack up.

Did some research and found out a lot of property funds had invested in Berlin which they bought years ago due to talk of it being the next hotspot which never materialised. Periodically, they try to talk it up to offload some of their stock but buyers just aren't snapping.

What makes you think large industry would move into Berlin in the future as opposed to locate in Poland which I would imagine has cheaper commercial rents?

Comment

Stockholm, I appreciate that as a pretty nice capital
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Nizhny Novgorod?

Comment

Working...
          X