• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      The old Teutonic blood lines are still going strong I see: http://multimedia.jp.dk/archive/0023...00_232617d.jpg
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Oh no, not again. The lovely old dear is having another party this evening.

So there's another limo on it's way to fetch me.

Girly was telling me off 'cause 5l of wine was drunk at our little table last night. So we have to be a little more reserved as this is the 'private party' and people might talk.

I have to say, she worries too much, there's a good few who can't make it because of this cloud thingy from Iceland, so it'll be cozy.
        So let me get this straight. You're informed about the gig last minute and told it's "a small do, just for family really"

Sounds like a nonvitation to me. A complete unvite.

The socially awkward thing to do would be to actually turn up not having realised.

I would be more annoyed by their assuption that you wouldn't already have plans on a Friday evening.

Comment

Maybe you left one of your glass slippers behind last night. That does sometimes happen in fairy stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Sounds like a nonvitation to me. A complete unvite.

The socially awkward thing to do would be to actually turn up not having realised.
            I just had an unvite; it involved travelling to another country for an evening do. I feel bad about declining, but when I consider it, how damn rude was it for them not to invite me to the ceremony and reception if I had to pay for flights and 2 nights in a hotel?

Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Well, as the limo is apparently on it's way, and it's being televised I just thought I'd mention that if your watching it on TV you might see me arriving for the Queens birthday party.

She'll be 70.

Which is nice.
              Yeah? Big deal. I shagged her.

Comment

I am her, which is nice.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You must put down your books and go to bed.
                  Bed! Bed! I couldn't go to bed!
                  My head's too light to try to set it down!
                  Sleep! Sleep! I couldn't sleep tonight.
                  Not for all the jewels in the crown!
                  I could have danced all night!
                  I could have danced all night!
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, as the limo is apparently on it's way, and it's being televised I just thought I'd mention that if your watching it on TV you might see me arriving for the Queens birthday party.

She'll be 70.

Which is nice.
                    what a guy!

Comment

She'll be 70.

Which is nice.
                      Legendary CUK Contractor!

Comment

Working...
                      X