• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Legendary CUK Contractor!
    A decade ago, when £2000/day was a lot of money. When IT contractors REALLY did have Lambos. When a night out was a night out with royal family, or on some billionaires yachts.

God I miss those halcyon days...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      A decade ago, when £2000/day was a lot of money. When IT contractors REALLY did have Lambos. When a night out was a night out with royal family, or on some billionaires yachts.

God I miss those halcyon days...

These days contractor lifestyle is sharing a bed in a dorm room with your colleague who is doing night shifts. You make £1000 a day, but between you and the client there is 10 intermediaries, each one taking their "doing nothing" fee and a cut for the taxman so you end up with £80 a day, but you have to spend £18 for transport, £8 loan for your laptop, £14 combined software licenses, £3 insurance, £12 dorm bed, that leaves you with £25. The £20 you sent your family back home and you end up with £5. Just enough for baked beans and going out once a month.
      Last edited by elsergiovolador; 23 July 2020, 16:15.

Comment

Contractor lifestyle

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        These days contractor lifestyle is sharing a bed in a dorm room with your colleague who is doing night shifts. You make £1000 a day, but between you and the client there is 10 intermediaries, each one taking their "doing nothing" fee and a cut for the taxman so you end up with £80 a day, but you have to spend £18 for transport, £8 loan for your laptop, £14 combined software licenses, £3 insurance, £12 dorm bed, that leaves you with £25. The £20 you sent your family back home and you end up with £5. Just enough for baked beans and going out once a month.
        Wow, beans you rich basturd, and a dorm bed !!!!! I live in a box under my clients desk, and eat leftover I find in the clients canteen

Boy I do remember my 911 turbo and my company racehorse with fond memories

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If it ain't 911 Turbo S it ain't worth sheet.

With PDK, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Wow, beans you rich basturd, and a dorm bed !!!!! I live in a box under my clients desk, and eat leftover I find in the clients canteen

Boy I do remember my 911 turbo and my company racehorse with fond memories

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            leftover ? you rich bastard. I live in a cardbord box under the bridge and hunting rats for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              leftover ? you rich bastard. I live in a cardbord box under the bridge and hunting rats for food.
              Cardboard box? You rich barstard.

I cover myself with damp newspapers and beg for tramps to piss on me to keep me warm on cold nights.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I cover myself with damp newspapers and beg for tramps to piss on me to keep me warm on cold nights.
                Where do I apply?
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Where do I apply?
                  Under the Tower Bridge, ask for Troll

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You think you had it tough? I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of tramps piss, work twenty-nine hours a day at the Infosys data centre and pay Infosys for the privilege and when I got home, my Dad would slice me in two with a bread knife.

But we were happy in them days...

Comment

You won’t known what is tough until you hear Gricer’s story

Comment

Working...
                      X