• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double breasted suits in the work place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Why are people still wearing these things?

Where do they get them from? Pin striped ones as well.
    Question is how many people are wearing them. There is always someone that can't let go. We have two guys here that are never seen withough a dickie bow instead of a tie. For those numbers you have to accept there are the odd few eccentrics around that just can't be explained.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do the grunts (developers) working in the City wear full suits still? I never had to wear a suit, shirt & tie was as far as I could bear. Contractors in banks, etc, what's the deal? Old-school suit/modern jacket & no tie/classic shirt+tie/full pinstripe?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Why are people still wearing these things?

Where do they get them from? Pin striped ones as well.
        Easier to reach for the shoulder holster.

Threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Do the grunts (developers) working in the City wear full suits still? I never had to wear a suit, shirt & tie was as far as I could bear. Contractors in banks, etc, what's the deal? Old-school suit/modern jacket & no tie/classic shirt+tie/full pinstripe?
          Most of the old school dev guys in the city plump for the short sleeve shirt and comedy tie look.

Very fetching.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'd fit right in then
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I always wear either Plain Black suit or a charcoal grey with chalk stripe suite, i always wear double cuff shirts, with a cut away collar, never wear a tie and always wear brogues.

I have worked in the square mile since 1994.
              Last edited by aceboy; 19 April 2010, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                And double-breasted make a better stab a keeping the Chardonnay-bellies in check.

Singles can't really be done up in that instance, they'd be straining at the leash...

Not that I have to bother much with a suit anymore.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                X