Double breasted suits in the work place Double breasted suits in the work place
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,339

    Default Double breasted suits in the work place

    Why are people still wearing these things?

    Where do they get them from? Pin striped ones as well.

  2. #2

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is a fount of knowledge

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,656

    Default

    Are you in a bank?

    And double-breasted make a better stab a keeping the Chardonnay-bellies in check.

    Singles can't really be done up in that instance, they'd be straining at the leash...

  3. #3

    Godlike

    Clippy has no reputation

    Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,701

    Default

    If you are of a larger girth then they look better on you than single breasted suits.

    Pin stripes make you look taller.

    So, do you have a lot of fat short a*ses at your place?

  4. #4

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is a fount of knowledge

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy View Post

    Pin stripes make you think you look taller.

    So, do you have a lot of fat short a*ses at your place?

  5. #5

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    The agents have come in to meet the clients then, at last.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Bunk 's job has never been outsourced

    Bunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,296

    Default

    Someone once told me that when he started working in the city he saw all the pin-striped suits and thought "Why the hell are they wearing those horrible things?".

    After a year he thought "Actually, they don't look too bad".

    After the 2nd year he started thinking "Those suits are quite nice actually".

    The following year he started thinking about buying one and then quit the city because he realised he'd turned into a twunt.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Jeebo72 is too good to be a permie

    Jeebo72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Why are people still wearing these things?

    Where do they get them from? Pin striped ones as well.
    Have you noticed the braces are coming back too?

  8. #8

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Someone once told me that when he started working in the city he saw all the pin-striped suits and thought "Why the hell are they wearing those horrible things?".

    After a year he thought "Actually, they don't look too bad".

    After the 2nd year he started thinking "Those suits are quite nice actually".

    The following year he started thinking about buying one and then quit the city because he realised he'd turned into a twunt.
    If you are in a senior role in the City a pinstripe of some sort is de rigeur. It's a kind of uniform and nothing to do with being a twunt or not.

    HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Are you in a bank?

    And double-breasted make a better stab a keeping the Chardonnay-bellies in check.

    Singles can't really be done up in that instance, they'd be straining at the leash...
    In a financial, not a bank though.

    And I have seen more fat on a butcher's pencil than is on this guy.

  10. #10

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is a fount of knowledge

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    In a financial, not a bank though.

    And I have seen more fat on a butcher's pencil than is on this guy.
    Then it's possibly SAS's answer ("a uniform").

    But probably Bunk's answer ("a Twunt").

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •