• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been pulled for speeding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been pulled for speeding

Just been stopped by the rozzers on the M56 doing 96. 3 points and £60 fine for me then. Anybody know how much I can expect my insurance to go up by.

After 15 years of driving, doing 20,000+ per year, I don't suppose 3 points is that bad.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Just been stopped by the rozzers on the M56 doing 96. 3 points and £60 fine for me then. Anybody know how much I can expect my insurance to go up by.

After 15 years of driving, doing 20,000+ per year, I don't suppose 3 points is that bad.
    Unlucky bugger, they're not normally out this late on the '56

Comment

If its your first 3 points then in all probability your quote won't increase by much - most people have 3 points nowadays, _some_ insurers hike up more than others - consider changing them if they try to pull fast one.

Consider yourself lucky for not doing over 100 - you'd get ban for that and BIG increase in insurance.

Comment

Tell me about it, there was only a couple of cars, me and the unmarked coppers. Luckily they spotted me when they did as I was going faster before.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Why were you breaking the law...?
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Good old speed tax.

You are a menace to society sir. They should lock away the key and through you away, or whatever the expression is.

Comment

Tell me about it, there was only a couple of cars, me and the unmarked coppers. Luckily they spotted me when they did as I was going faster before.
              beware unmarked 'police' cars on the '56, there was a rash of fake coppers a couple of years back, blue lights in the grill and everything.

Comment

http://www.a1-roadtrafficlawyers.com/
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

At least you got the satisfaction of being nicked by an actual copper and got a bit of a chase out of it. Better than just getting processed by a machine.

Notice all the locals coming out with the '56 parlance.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Wow, that's great value for money! I got knicked on the M56 in 1994 for doing 92 - got 5 points and a £125 fine.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X