• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Madeline McCann...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    The whole case seems rather odd to me and to be honest I'm still think they had something to do with it, but that's all it is - my personal thoughts.
    And that is exactly what those Portuguese Police would have you believe. Due to the drip drip drip nature of this kind of propaganda my thoughts now are that them Police are somehow involved...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      She was probably advised by her lawyer, quite correctly, not to answer any questions while she was a suspect.
      Oh the bad laywers are at fault here...

In my view refusing to answer all or nearly all questions is behavior of a accused/charged person who wishes to maintain silence in order to avoid self incrimination - if she was a witness then refusing to answer these questions then witness is potentially obstructing justice.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Oh the bad laywers are at fault here...
        No. I said that the lawyer had advised quite correctly. From which you should infer that I don't consider a) that the lawyer was at fault, nor b) the lawyer was bad.

In my view refusing to answer all or nearly all questions is behavior of a accused/charged person who wishes to maintain silence in order to avoid self incrimination.
        However, it has been a standard of British justice for many years, and that of other jurisdictions, that remaining silent is not to be taken as evidence of guilt. In fact it is now part of the ECHR. Of course, being in the minority doesn't automatically make your view moronic.

If she was a witness then refusing to answer these questions then witness is potentially obstructing justice.
        But she wasn't a witness, she was a suspect, and was asked these questions while under caution, so your point is irrelevant.

1/3. Please try harder next time.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          1/3. Please try harder next time.
          I am trying hard right now to manage movement to a new bigger office

I hold the view that her behavior in refusing to answer all these not unreasonable questions like
          "37 Do you work in the daytime? " does not make her look like an innocent person and given that questions were raised about their guilt in this, then it seems crazy to refuse answering questions. The lawyers would certainly advise not to answer questions if answering them can self incriminate.

Comment

Ohhh no - we were getting so close in cracking the case

Coronavirus: Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be halted so police can focus on 999 calls - Mirror Online

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Mean
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Ohhh no - we were getting so close in cracking the case

Coronavirus: Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be halted so police can focus on 999 calls - Mirror Online

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                a 9 year old thread? - for that?
                you need to give the bucky a rest, bampot.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  a 9 year old thread? - for that?
                  you need to give the bucky a rest, bampot.
                  I thought it was a good spot.

Recently on FB a friend posted a meme entitled "How much do you love children". Saville at one end of the scale, McCanns at the other....

Comment

Madeleine McCann 'assumed dead' by German prosecutors - BBC News

Will this ever be over? Maybe it will.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Let us hope so, she never deserved that but at least she will be at rest.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X